Hawaiian Pizza, extra large

*Emma*

It took me almost forty five minutes to complete all my homework, and it was 7:30 pm by then. I felt really guilty because I had plenty of time to hang out with Sarah but I needed to do the math project; and as much as I hate doing homework or projects, I hate doing them with other people. But if they are my friends, then it's all right. I spent the next hour skyping Sarah. Then I realized that I don't know what time Michael sleeps, it could be at 8 pm and I wouldn't know for heavens sake. And I really want to get this project off my chest because I was going out with my group of friends to the mall tomorrow and I don't want to cancel with them because of a stupid project. And there was one thing that I could do.

I quickly put my hair in a messy bun, and my makeup was exactly like it was this morning; a cat-winged eyeliner with mascara and my eyebrows were filled in too. I quickly applied lip balm to prevent my lips from being dry and I put on black denim shorts and a long-sleeved v-neck white shirt, with some black flip flops since where i'm heading is like a few meters away. I put my phone in the back pocket of my shorts, grab some money and head out. I pass by Gabriel, he was writing something on what seems like a school book on the kitchen table.

"Order a Hawaiian pizza, extra large." I threw the money at him, after he caught it, I forced a smile "Please."

***

I rang the door bell while I stood on the front porch of my neighbor. I quickly checked the time, 8:20. I bit my lip; what if i'm being rude by coming this late? Is it even considered late to them? Was I supposed to knock instead of ring the door bell? I moved my diagonally-cut fringe away from my eyes as I waited for the door opened. A moment later, a short, skinny, kinda-tanned, guy with long, black-jet hair, and a little-bit squinty eyes opened the door. I honestly don't know why I came here, I have just seen this Caleb dude hang around with Michael.

Caleb's thick eyebrows rose as his eyes widened in shock when he saw me. He looked behind him and then back to me, he started stuttering inarticulate words, then he looked behind him for a long moment before looking back at me, his mouth stretched in an uncanny manner; as if smiling.

"Hey, do you need anything?" He said, his voice sounding cute.

"Hey, Caleb. Right?" I said, unsure. His shoulder's tense up.

"It's Calum, actually."

"Calum, right. Um.. Actually, I was wondering if you can give me Michael's number? You- Are you friends with him? I mean, I see you at school together. I was wondering if we could get this stupid project over with now, and... yeah." I said, quickly.

"Oh," He says, looking really shocked, "Oh." He says again. "He's actually... He's actually right inside. He just finished his homework, and he was wondering the same thing. Since us and some other guys want to hang out tomorrow at the mall, and... yeah. Do you wanna come in? Or should I call him?" He says. Oh. That's really great cause I was thinking of going over to his house but now it's much easier for me.

"Actually... Can I come in? And like... talk to him and ask him about the project?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah of course. Follow me." He says, then he lets me in and we walk down a hallway, and into a room on the left.

********************