Chapter 12

Owww. My head. Where am I? My eyes open and everything's a blur. I've been crying in my sleep, my eyes sting. Where? Big hands, rough, strong, alive. One is on my shoulder, arm wrapped around. The other is on my hip, sorta. More on my ass than hip. Yep. Who's hands? Daryl.

"Rick," Daryl says, "How much meds do we still have?"

"Not much," Rick replies, "she needs more?"

"She's in pain."

*Next Morning*

"Watching us?" Rick asks Aaron, raising his voice. Daryl picks through the bag the man had on him: baby food, a gun, a camera, photos of a place with a church and walls. All tossed to Ricks feet.

"We needed to know if you were dangerous," Aaron stammers.

"I'll show you dangerous," Rick brings his Python to bear. Aaron trembles, knowing this could be the end.

"Rick," Tyreese, who is crouched beside the bag, holds up a bottle and syringe. Medicine. Pain medicine. Daryl grabs the bottle and goes over to his unconscious light. Beth is laying on a bale of hay with blankets and a pillow. She woke up in pain last night, waiting to fall back asleep. She couldn't remember anyone who was in the barn. It scared her. Daryl felt her move and woke up. He reminded her where they were.

"You first," Daryl turns to Aaron.

"What?" Aaron furrows his brows. Daryl puts the syringe in the bottle, filling it half way. He grabs Aaron's arm, pulling it tight, and injects the syringe in. Aaron grimaces, but doesn't fight it. They had to trust him if the plan was to work. Aaron blacked out.

"Did you kill him?" Glenn asks, standing over Aaron. He, Maggie, and Sasha had been out inspecting the storms damage. They walked in to find Aaron blacked out, tied to a post. Rick, Daryl, and Tyreese were discussing what they should do with him. Sasha was for killing him off the bat. Aaron had snuck up on her. Aaron groaned.

"My... Head..." Aaron gagged. Rick grabbed his hair and pulled his head up so they were eye level. Rick stared into his eyes trying to read him. They weren't the eyes of a killer.

"Rick?" Beth was sitting up, holding her head, "who's that?"

"My name is Aaron and I know a sanctuary, Alexandria."