"No, not at all. Take as much time as you need. I'll have someone escort you when you're ready."

Debra and Hector both stood but Rachel snatched Hector's wrist before he could depart.

"Please stay."

Hector nodded and Debra gave him a nod before silently exiting the cell.

"Hector-" She said as soon as Debra was gone but he made a subtle shushing motion and pointed at the ceiling.

Her eyes slowly traveled to the ceiling, her head remaining still, and she saw them out of the corners of her eyes.

Cameras.

"You look like a mess," He said, a crooked smile lifting the corners of his mouth.

"I've had better days. How are you?"

"We're all okay." He said. "In fact, I had lunch with Juan and Simone today right before drill."

Rachel's tongue itched to ask more questions but something about Hector's expression told her not to.

Suddenly, he took a few steps toward her and pulled her into a tight embrace, his mouth at her ear, partly muffled by her hair.

She could smell him, his scent of soap mixed with mints and wasn't prepared for how frazzled that would make her.

Or why

"There isn't much time to talk, not here anyway. Just go along with it for now." He whispered.

"A-are you buying any of this?" Rachel stammered in response, finding it really hard to concentrate with him so close to her.

As he shifted and his hands cupped her face, a furious blush traveled from her neck to her cheeks.

Something fluttered in her stomach and she hadn't even known she could feel something like this—especially not towards Hector.

She ignored the wild hammering of her heart and filed the flurry of confusing emotion away to examine later, chalking it up to the relief of seeing him alive and nothing more.

"I'm not sure yet but they aren't hurting us so let's just go with it for now, okay? We'll talk more when we get a chance." He pressed a soft kiss to the side of her cheek and her breath caught in her throat.

"I'm happy to see you," He said louder as he pulled back.

"M-me too."

"Come on. Let's show you around."

 He took her hand in his and together they stepped out into the corridor into what felt like a foreign world

As much as she wanted to believe that they were safe, distrust lay ingrained deep in her veins and she could not forget Charles betrayal so easily. Even if he had thought he was doing them a favor by turning them in, she hadn't known it at the time and she'd convinced herself it'd been the last time she trusted anyone.