Epilogue: The Lives We Live*

Start from the beginning

"Adrian!" I hurriedly screwed the top on the bottle and dashed into the room.

She was sitting in the rocking chair holding little Hayden in her arms, he was crying.

I handed her the bottle and she quickly put it in his mouth and he stopped screaming.

    "Thanks. I would have breast fed him, but he bit me yesterday." She smiled rubbing her very pregnant belly.

    Hayden's brunette-blonde head lay on her stomach as he finished his bottle and started falling asleep.

     She smiled up at me and I leaned down to give her a kiss on the cheek and took Hayden in my arms.

   He was our little angel. Aylin stood up stiffly.

   "I am so ready for this baby to come out!" She groaned. I just chuckled and pulled her into my embrace.

    I had both of my angels in my arms. "What? I like how beautiful you are with that baby inside of you. It makes you glow with angelicness." I laughed.

She just glared at me. "I feel like a whale with swollen feet." She leaned into me.

    I grinned nuzzling her and holding Hayden between us. His hair tickled the underside of my chin making me smile in comfort.

Our flat was quiet, considering we owned the whole building and only shared with three neighbors, a woman with 3 children, who pays good rent for her home here, and of course Amy and Wyatt with their daughter Chelsea.

It was quiet, the only sounds were of the city far below us, bustling with life as the snow came down hard in its streets.

We stood there for a few moments, our little family looking out onto its shiny streets and beautiful lights.

London was a great place for us to live, Aylin's magazine was coming along nicely, gaining a lot of global attention, and my company was doing great of course.

Aylin snuggled her face into my shoulder and kissed our three year old's cheek softly.

My heart warmed at the sight. My family was what made everyday worth while for me, Aylin was so beautiful and now she was strong and confident. Nobody could tell her that she wasn't beautiful, not that that would happen, everyone adores her.

Her eyes sparkled with life. Ever since everyone settled down into a rhythm life has been good. A happy ending for her mother when she married Leon, a happy ending for her dad and Cassi who adopted a little girl from Bolivia.

She was adorable and loved, and Hayden loved playing with her when we visited the island.

She sighed with content and smiled at his adorable face.

"What?" I asked stroking her hair.

She sighed happily. "I'm just so happy." She smiled up at me. "I have an amazing family, a great job, great friends." She turned so her eyes looked deep into mine.

"When I was little, I never imagined I could have such an extraordinary life like this."

I smiled. "Well I'm glad you're happy." I hugged her closely, admiring the pink nursery decorated for a little princess, our little princess.