Chapter 28: Finals

Start from the beginning

   "So do whatever makes you feel better but your words and taunts can't hurt me anymore." I told her standing there with confidence exuding.

    She looked shocked. Anthony was standing behind her now.

   "C'mon babe. She is nothing compared to you. You're my queen." He held her waist and she looked irritated.

    "Get off me Anthony!" She pushed him looking disgusted. "I didn't ever say we were an item." Her manicured nailed finger shook in his face.

    He looked somewhat broken up at her out burst towards him. He just stood there.

    She stepped close to me. "Listen you ugly chunky piece of tofu, you're absolutely nothing. I'm the queen, I'm beautiful and you're just fat and lonely. No one likes you and no one will ever give a shit about you." She whispered in her most deadly tone.

    I laughed feeling so freed. "No Ansley. You're nothing. I'm free. I'm happy and nothing you say could ever change that." I stepped out of her shadow gaze.

    Her mouth was hanging open. "Anyone else care to insult me?" I asked the crowd.

I took Adrian's hand and my stuff and walked off towards my class.

"That was amazing." Adrian turned to me and smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back and the day just seemed to get brighter. I'd finally stood up to the Big Bad Barbie.

    The day seemed bright. Lunch was awesome, no one teased me I hung out with Wyatt, Amy, and Adrian just like when I first came here.

   Class was smooth. Some girls even came up to me and thanked me for standing up to the wicked witch of the west. I felt like I was the queen of the world.

The bell rang and I gather up my stuff, packing away my charcoals. Adrian's portrait was finally finished and Ms.Howell was very impressed.

"Thank you Aylin, it'll look lovely on the bulletin." She took it from me and smiled.

I nodded. "No problem, but if you wouldn't mind, I'd love to have it back once you're done showcasing it." She nodded.

"Of course dear, it's your piece." She told me reassuringly. I walked out of the class feeling like I was walking on air.

   "Hey." Amy slung her slender arm over my shoulders. "We should go to Tahiti Nui tonight. Just the two of us." She giggled.

   I smiled. "Sounds like a great idea." I nodded. "Great, I'll pick you up around 5." She smiled and skipped off to her Jeep.

   I walked over to my mustang and was about to get in when Adrian grabbed my hand.

   The tingles ran up my spine when he leaned against the car next to me, his hand still holding mine.

   "Hey." He smiled.

   "Hi." I smiled back.

  "Will you please go to prom with me?" He asked.

  I sighed. I wanted to say yes. "Adrian..." He just Ruffles his hair.