Chapter 26: Unexpected

Start from the beginning

I opened the the jewelry boxes to reveal a diamond necklace in good paired with some small diamond studs. In the smaller box was a good and diamond bracelet.

They were beautiful and very expensive. I still wasn't used to just having such fancy things yet.

I slowly put on the necklace and the bracelet. I took some time to put in the studs before I looked in the mirror. I looked pretty good.

I stood up and opened the dress bag to reveal a short black dress. It was sexy with lacy straps, ruffled waist and slim fit over my hips.

I pulled it on and zipped the back myself which wasn't an easy feat and took me around 20 minutes which would have been slightly embarrassing if someone had been watching.

I stood in front of the mirror staring at myself. The dress was gorgeous. I loved it's style, it's whole look.

When I was younger I used to draw sketches of dresses I wanted to wear one day. It's really where I found my love for art. I couldn't ever afford nice clothes, or even clothes that fit me. At a size 18 and being as tall as I was, it was hard to find clothes that were stylish and comfortable.

I sighed running my hands down the fabric. I slipped on the gold pumps. They made me look 3 inches taller, really about 6 foot.

I sighed and grabbed a black clutch popping my license, debit card and phone inside of it and walking out the door.

I'd wasted about 2 and a half hours putting on make up, doing my hair and putting on the dress.

God. When had I become such a girl?

I walked into the living room where Cassi was talking in the phone. She wore a mid length red dress with black heels. Her hair running down her back in soft ringlets.

   "Alright. Thank you so much." She ended the call.

   "Sorry, just a mishap at the office. Wow you look great." Her ruby red lips smiled.

   "Thanks. And thank you for the dress." I played with the clutch in my hands.

"Well Mitch is outside and Alexander is already in the car." She told me.

I followed her out the front doors. Mitch opened the door to the car and i stepped in after Cassi.

"Well don't my girls look great tonight." My dad smiled.

He was wearing a black tux and bow tie. Simple but elegant.

Cassi smiled and they intertwined hands.

We chatted quietly about random things as Mitch drove us about 20 minutes to a large resort, what I was guessing to my dad's.

It was huge, with a large fountain in the front, and a huge building.

"Welcome to The Magnolia Beach Resort." We stepped out in front of the resort.

    "Thanks so much Mitch, would you mind coming to get us around 11." Cassi told him and he left with the car.

   My dad offered us both his arms and I took it and we walked in.