Who'll die? I fell onto the ground, but I didn't feel any pain.

'Hey, who let you out of the training room?' Someone shouted and then I heard an alarm go off.

'I- I heard you,' I stuttered, backing against the cold wall. Drugs? Blueprints? Mixtures? What was happening?

I didn't know who I was talking to, for in my dream I couldn't see the persons face. Actually, I couldn't even tell if I was talking to a woman or a man.

'I want to leave,' I shouted, 'I can't help him.'

Him. I used the word like I knew who I was talking about. In reality, I had no idea. Or maybe I knew back then.

'Whatever you think you heard, you probably heard it wrong,' The person said, coming closer to me.

'I know what I heard. You know I what I heard,' I shook my head, pressing my body as far into the wall as I could, 'You're doing this to him on purpose.'

Whoever I was talking to didn't speak again, but someone else did, 'She won't remember anything, anyway.'

And then I felt a sharp pinch in my neck and I didn't hear anything after that.

I woke up abruptly, shooting up from the bed. I was out of breath and sweaty. I glanced down at my watch: 3:00. Bringing my shaking hands up to my face, I wiped some of the wetness off of my forehead.

I just had the craziest dream. What was it even about? I tried my hardest to remember, but then as if someone had simply plucked the memory from my brain, I couldn't think of it. All I know is that judging from my appearance, it scared me. But why?

I looked around the room, expecting everyone else to be asleep still, but nope. Newt and Thomas were by the window, and Minho was standing close behind them. What was happening?

"What's going on-?" I started, but the three boys turned sharply in my direction and quieted me. Oh?

Then I heard it, a low hollowed moan. I heard the metal clang of movement outside. I caught a glimpse of a beam of light.

It was a griever.

With my nightmare, I'd almost forgotten the circumstances us Gladers had been in. We were all under attack. The doors to the Maze hadn't closed and now the grievers were going to kill all of us.

The three guys watched for a few minutes, but no other sounds were heard. Giving up, Newt sat back down, next to me.

I looked at him, my body shaking slightly. I was terrified all of a sudden. Then I heard it again: a click, then a groan, then a whirl. The grievers were getting closer. The night was no longer silent. I swear, I could almost hear the Gladers in the other rooms, shuffling around at the sounds.

We were all about to die. Who knows how many grievers there were? There could be hundreds. One or two, we could probably all fight off, but anymore than that would be a struggle.

"Newt, I'm scared," I breathed, my heart beat pounding in my ears.

"It's okay. We're okay," He barely whispered, pulling me closer to him.

"What if we're not?" I mumbled, leaning my head against Newt. I could hear his heartbeat too, but his wasn't nearly as fast as mine. Actually, Newt seemed pretty calm. Tears gathered in my eyes anyway. Maybe it was the nightmare or maybe it was the inevitable death looming over me, but I was really scared.

Newt's arms wrapped around me. He placed one of his hands on the side of my head, keeping me close, "Maybe we aren't, but they sure as hell aren't taking you without taking me first," I swallowed, "I promise."