The mission

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Black Butler characters. This fan fiction is solely for entertainment purposes and no financial gain will be sought. 

This is my first Black Butler fanfic, please feel free to comment some suggestions on how I can improve. Happy reading everyone~~^^

========================================================================

Y/n...this is another mission for you. Your enemy is no ordinary people...your next target is the Queen's guard dog, Ciel Phantomhive. However, being the best student among all, I have faith in your abilities to carry out your mission without fail. You are to kill the earl during a ball that he will host in the next few days, and I have prepared the invitation for you. You know very well what will happen if you were to fail this mission. Now, go. "Yes, my master" answered y/n with an emotionless face.

For all you can remember, you've grown up with an assassin group led by your master. Other than being the one who train and fund the group, you have no idea who that man really is. Nonetheless, you couldn't care less about that man's identity. When you were still a child, you were found laying beside the street, awaiting for your impending death as you haven't eaten for days. Your master took you in and provided shelter and food for you. There are many other children like you, who were also adopted by the master. There is a strange rule, however, all of you were not allowed to talk to each other. Anyone who breaks the rules will be severely punished. When you saw a kid that was beaten to pulp for talking to another child, you're terrified. Now that you're grown up, you realized the reason behind this rule. It is to prevent the assassins from getting to know each and work together to go against the master. 

After years of training, you soon became a brilliant killer. When the other trainees are trembling at the sight of blood and gore, you're not one bit disturbed by it. Strangely, you always have a sense of excitement when you kill. It's almost like an urge to kill and destroy is finally fulfilled.You have never failed a single mission, because if you do, you won't be around anymore. The group has the rule where assassins who failed their mission will have to kill themselves to prevent releasing any information about the group. In a way, this also save them from the pain and suffering that they might face during the interrogation. 

And now, you're given the hardest mission of all time. No one in your group is able to return from this mission. This makes you wonder about what's the deal with this mission. However, you're very confident that you'll kill your target without fail.

Never have you been so wrong...