Coming Face To Face. •10•

Start from the beginning

"Whyy?" He asked, but obliged, hugging me to him.

"Cause that was cute. You're cute."

"That may have been cute, but there is no way I am cute. I'm not cute." He pouted.

"Hmm... Yes you are." I argued. "We should get icecream!"

"Okay...?" Baylor questioned, pulling away.

"Come onnn! Pleasee?" I pulled the puppy dog eyes.

He groaned, but grabbed my hand and stomped into the icecream place.

"Thank youu, Hun." I said.

He blushed. Again. Wow. He's really not used to that. LET'S TORTURE HIM WITH IT WHEN WE GET HOME!

I was too busy talking to myself to notice Baylor had his hand out and my icecream was starting to drip.

"NOO! MY ICECREAM! MY PRECIOUS LITTLE ICECREAM!" I cried.

Baylor rolled his eyes and pulled me out of the shop, "Stop being so dramatic all the time."

I feigned hurt, putting my hand over my heart. "Why... I would never! I'm not like that! Not at all!"

"Mhm sure. Keep telling yourself that. Anyways, do you want to go back home?" He asked.

I nodded. "Sure." I smiled at him and took his hand.

He smiled back and I waited for the blush to come creeping up.

It didn't. Awe.

"Ohmygosh, do you see them? That's gross. They're actually holding hands. Jesus. They're such a disgrace." I could hear somebody judging.

I HATE PEOPLE WHO TALK ABOUT YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK. LIKE BITCH. YOU GOT SOMETHIN' TO SAY, SAY IT TO MAH DAMN FACE. OR KISS MAH GAY ASS.

I could see and feel Baylor tense up and let go of my hand. I knew he didn't want to, but he wasn't sure how to take the homophobia.

We'll work on it.

"Baylor, come on. Let's go home." I whispered to him, holding my hand out towards him.

He glanced at me. "Okay," he whispered back at me and once again took my hand.

We got in the car, with me driving. There was no way I going to let him drive again.

We were halfway home before Baylor broke the silence, "How do you deal with the hate?" He said it so quietly, I almost didn't hear him.

I shrug and glance at him before turning my attention back to the road.

"You grow used to it. You figure out, that, if it really bothers people, that they're not important to your life. You find the people who are, and you keep them close. You learn to shrug off the hateful comments. Don't get me wrong, it hurts, but you keep your head up and just tell yourself, 'As long as I'm happy, who cares what people think of me?'" I told him.

He didn't say anything so I took that as a cue to continue.

"Bay, you have time before you need to make a decision on whether or not you're happy being with a man. If you're not happy, then great for you, you're straight. If you are happy, then great for you, you just found a part of yourself."

We, well I, pulled into the driveway and got out, heading inside.

We got up to my room and I stopped Bay for a second.