Coming Face To Face. •6•

"Hey," I greeted Conner. He jerked his head up a bit.

"Hey."

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked, taking a seat next to him.

He shrugged, "I don't care."

I sighed and turned so I was facing him. "Alright, what's up? You're really quiet and gloomy."

He looked at me with surprise in his eyes. "How do you know anything's wrong? I'm fine."

I gave him a 'are you kidding me' look. "Don't lie to me. I can tell by the way you're sitting. I know you're not normally a quiet person, but you're being quiet right now. Now, what's wrong?" I inquired.

He sighed, "Just some stuff in my head. I'm fine. Let's go get food."

He got up and waited for me before he headed towards my car.

"Keys."

I froze. "Oh hell no. You are not driving my car. Nope nope nope. Not happening. This car is mine. The only person allowed to drive it is me."

"Oh come on. You let Baylor drive it. Let me drive it. I promise I won't reck it." He persuaded.

I looked at him suspiciously. "I do not let Baylor drive my car. Who or what gave you that idea? Like I said, the only person allowed to drive my car is me. Now step away from the drivers door."

"And if I don't? What are you going to do then? Hmm?" He teased.

Motherfucker...

"Conner. Step away from the drivers door. Now."

"Neh neha boo boo, you can't catch me." He taunted and spun around in circles.

I growled before waiting until he had his back to me. Once he turned around I crawled over my car onto his back.

"HA! NOW YOU WISH YOU WOULD'VE MOVED, HUH?" I screamed as I caught him off guard which caused him to fall forward to the ground.

"AH! GET OFF! NOT COOL! GET OFF!" He yelled and pushed me off of him. I rolled and sprang back up before he could even stand up.

"What the fuck was that?!" He exclaimed. "Seriously Aden?! You could've killed me!"

Uh oh...

"But I didn't..." I started to shrink back and lower my voice.

"That's not the point! I could've smacked my head on something! God, you are such an idiot! Never do that again!" He ran his hands through his hair.

"Sorry..."

"Sorry doesn't do anything! Sorry wouldn't have fixed my cracked skull, now would it? No, it wouldn't! You can't just say sor..." His sentences started to disappear as I slipped back into the memory I tried so hard to forget.

The screaming, the yelling, the tears, the bottles, the pain. Everything started to get past the wall I put up ten years ago.

No! Stop!

I fell to the ground, holding my head in my hands, barely noticing Conner had stopped ranting and was right next to me.

Bits of his voice floated throughout the memory, but it was too complicated for me to pick out which voice was real and which one wasn't.

Help me! Please!

I could tell he was saying something, what it was, I don't know.

Get out!