Chaper 11 Huh?

It was silent in the dining room. Every single person wore a look of shock as they slowly realised I was awake and standing in the doorway with John right behind me. Alan and Fermat seemed to process it first and soon giant grins decorated their faces.

"Beth!" 

That seemed to wake everyone up and soon I was lost in a sea of hugs and 'I missed you's while I gladly returned them. When the storm had calmed down a bit I grinned at everyone and motioned for them to sit back down, John and I joining them. Under the table I grabbed John's hand and held it tight, as if letting go would send me to the darkness of unconsciousness. I took in all of the food hungrily: I was absolutely starving. Piling heaps onto my plate, we began to make small talk about what I had missed - a few minor missions, Alan becoming a Thunderbird, the fact that John had barely left my side while I was out. I giggled at that last bit. Silly man. Apparently he hadn't been eating or sleeping properly, saying he had to be there when I woke up, although that was completely unnecessary and I glared at him, scolding him about how I wasn't that important. He returned with, "To me you are." which earned an 'awww' from Penny. I had missed this. Simple dinners with my family, laughing, joking and arguing about the smallest things. That's what happens when nearly ten people live together, I guess.

It had been a few hours. Some spent crying happy tears, some full of laughter and some (the best ones) spent on eating. I was sitting on John's bed, leaning against the headboard while John got changed in his adjoining bathroom. I was in my pajamas with an open book resting in my lap. Even though I had been asleep for the past three weeks I felt like I could crash out and sleep for another century. I closed my eyes and sighed. Today had been exhausting. After lunch John had Brains look me over, though he's not actually a medical doctor. I got a full bill of health, except for the fact that I had been in a coma for nearly a month, although Brains looked a bit surprised at one point. I snuggled down under the covers, placing the book on the nightstand and burying my head into the pillow. I had decided to stay in John's room, too tired to care that my own bedroom was just down the hall. That was how John found me - tucked into a tight ball under the sheets with my face hidden in the pillows and fast asleep. I faintly felt the bed dipping as John silently slid into bed next to me and I curled my body towards him, subconsciously reaching for his body warmth, before I fully succumbed to sleep.

The next day came and I decided to go and visit Brains. I wanted to thank him for everything he'd done and find out what had surprised yesterday. It had taken a bit of persuading so John would let me go on my own, he was still worried something might happen. I slowly made my way down to the lab, struggling a little on the stairs. It was quiet and I could hear Brains mumbling to himself, probably designing something new for the Thunderbirds. When I finally reached the platform that Brains worked on I found him muttering as he scanned the same piece of paper over and over again. It looked familiar and I soon realised it was my test results from yesterday. I cleared my throat loudly and his eyes shot up to meet mine. Quickly shoving the papers in a folder, he stood up to greet me.

"Hi, Brains. I just wanted to say thank you. Were you just looking at my blood results?" I asked, curious about why my results were so interesting. Brains shook his head frantically but I could tell he was lying to me about something.
"Just tell me, Brains. Why were you looking at my blood report?" He looked nervous and his eyes darted around the room, looking at anything but me.

"I-I-I- you-y-you." He swallowed. "You're p-p-p-p- having a baby." Huh? What was he talking about? "You're about 4-4-4- a month along." Shock came over me. I was pregnant. I was having a baby. Shock turned to nervousness and excitement.

"You're serious?" Brains nodded. "I have to go and tell John!" I said, rushing towards the elevator. He was the father, of course he was. We had been together for a couple of months now so who's else could it be? It was exiting news, but I was terrified at the same time. What if John didn't want it? What if I was a horrible parent? God, I was only twenty-four. I zoomed around the house ignoring everything and everyone, except for the man I was looking for. I finally found him in my room, looking at pictures on the walls. There were lots taken of us together.

"John!" I called out. "John, I have to tell you something." He smiled at me.
"What is it?" He asked.

"I'm... I'm... I'm pregnant, we're having a baby!" I blurted out and John seemed to choke on thin air. After a moment he had control over his coughing again and an exhilarated expression crossed his face.

"A baby? We're going to be parents?" I nodded and stepped into his welcoming arms.

"We'll be okay. I promise." John whispered in my ear and I nodded, hoping it was true.

Well, heya! This chapter is the last one before the epilogue. I'm struggling to keep up with homework and it will be easier to write one more chapter than a whole bunch. I'm sad to let this story go. I'll have to start a new one soon. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you enjoy the next too. Thanks for reading

allforthefandom x

Next update on Tuesday x