Chapter 6 Awkward

When I woke up and remembered what had gone on the previous evening, I couldn't help but smile. A huge ear-to-ear grin was spread across my face. I was whistling happily as I got dressed and walked to the kitchen to make breakfast. John was still asleep as it was so early - 4:31 in the morning to be exact. He wouldn't be up for another half hour so I had a little while to do some odd jobs that needed sorting out. I poured myself some cereal and ate quickly, still smiling. I spent the next half an hour doing small repairs and upgrades around the station. John walked out of his room stretching his arms and yawning at just after 5. I skipped up to him and pecked his lips, successfully putting a smile on his face.

"Morning Ellie." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Morning John. How'd you sleep?" I asked, reaching up and kissing his cheek while winding my arms around his neck.

"I slept great. I had this dream about a woman who was absolutely gorgeous. She had an amazing personality too. I think her name was Elizabeth." I giggled and buried my face in his chest.

"C'mon. We have to get to work."

We spent the next few hours watching the monitors and informing the rest of the Tracys' about anything life-threatening. We decided to take a break at just after midday. John and I had moved our chairs closer together so that we could rest our feet on the the edge of the other's seat. John was laughing at a rubbish joke I had told him when I caught his eye. We stared at each other, our laughter dying down. I leaned in and so did John, our lips meeting in a passionate kiss. John pulled me out of my chair and into his lap, not breaking the kiss. I was straddling him and I tangled my fingers in his hair.

"Ahem."

We jumped apart and I launched myself back into my seat. Jeff Tracy's face was on the monitor and his expression was one of shock. I guess he didn't expect to check in on his son and family friend to find them making out heatedly. I could feel the blood rushing straight to my face as I turned bright red.

"Dad! I... Uhh... We... Uhh." John was as red as a cherry, though I'm sure I was just as bad, if not worse. I stayed silent. I had no idea what to say and I was just waiting for Jeff to start shouting. So I was definitely surprised when he started smiling. Both mine and John's faces twisted into an expression of confusion. Jeff's smile was now a massive grin.

"Well, we all knew it was gonna happen at some point. I just wish I didn't have to witness that."

I was even more confused now. Sure, Penny had guessed how John had felt about me, but everyone knowing and not telling me? Was it seriously that obvious? Well now I just felt stupid. I had no idea what to say. My mouth was hanging open and my eyes were wide.

"Huh? What do you mean you knew it was going to happen?" John asked.

"I mean it was obvious. Anyway, I just wanted to check in. I'll let you get back to work. And I mean work, the world being safe is more important than your relationship." Jeff was serious now. I guessed break was over.

"Dad, don't tell the boys please. We'll tell them when we get back down there on earth." John asked, rolling his chair back over to the desk. I followed and settled myself next to John.

"Don't tell Penny either. I'll never hear the end of it." I requested, hoping Jeff would agree. He nodded his head and said goodbye, then turned off the communications on his end.

"Well that wasn't awkward." I mumbled, leaning back in my chair and rubbing a hand down my face. John laughed and said,

"It'll be fine. Now we have to get back to work." I smiled at him. The rest of that day was filled with work, laughter, stolen kisses and love.

A/N Sorry it's a bit shorter than usual  but basically this chapter was just a filler filled with lots of fluff. Cause who doesn't like a good ol' bit of fluff every now and then, right? Anyway, next chapter we are finally on to the movie plot! Yay! I'm really exited to write the movie. Although the chapter will either be out on Thursday or Saturday depending on when I finish writing it because, obviously, Friday is Christmas! I'm so exited! I hope you have a great Christmas guys! Have a good day!

allforthefandom x

Next update Thursday or Saturday x