Chapter 9 Side-effects of Impalement

"Damn it, Jeff! Wake up!"

I jolted awake at the loud noise and immediately let out a high pitched scream. The pain was worse than before, I was in agony. I could feel someone take my hand, most likely John but I wasn't sure, blinded by the white hot pain.
I could faintly hear someone talking, though not very well since my senses were still clouded. I forcefully opened my eyes and everything slowly came into focus: John's face above mine, Jeff talking to Brains, my sister and the kids (Alan, Fermat and Tintin) on the screen, the rest of the Tracy boys waking themselves up. Suddenly John's face was gone and so was the feeling of his hand in mine. I twisted my head frantically as I looked around for him and forced myself to speak, flinching and letting out a yelp at the burning in my chest afterwards.

"John!" And then he was back. I heard him say something before he scrambled back next to me and took my hand again.
"It's okay Ellie, I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere." I tried to move myself closer to him, to be in the comfort of his arms. But all that brought me was more pain. I cried out again and tensed up, completely still. Jeff was still talking to the rest of our family on Earth. Something about The Hood, Thunderbird 2 and London. I turned my head to look at the screen. No-one on the screen had noticed me or my injuries yet.
I glanced back at John.

"I... w-want t-to... ta-talk to... P-Penny." I gasped out, trying to minimise the white hot fire in my lungs. John looked conflicted. Talking to Penny would include picking me up and moving me, only causing me more pain, but it was what I wanted. Finally nodding, John reached down and hooked one arm under my knees then carefully wrapped the other around my shoulders. I screeched when he lifted me up fully. The movement caused a whole new level of agony. It felt as if a million flaming knives were being stabbed into my chest all at the same time. Everything was silent when the pain faded away slowly, not by much, but enough. Everyone in the station and on the screen was quiet, the boys with us staring at me and those on Earth searching for the source of the sound. I nodded up at John as permission for him to start walking. When he stepped where everyone on the screen could see us I heard multiple gasps and when I turned my head to look at the screen they were all staring at the piece of metal jutting out of my upper abdomen.

"Oh, dear lord, Lizzie. What happened?" I gasped as I tried my best to get out words but I was too weak. Too tired. I had lost so much blood and it was affecting me. I looked up at John, trying to get him to speak for me and he gazed down at me worriedly. He seemed to get my message and proceeded to explain the explosion and how I was thrown into the spare metal, hence the scrap sticking out of my stomach. By the end of the explanation my vision was blurry, my breaths gasps and I was flashing in and out of consciousness. I was listening to the conversation and Alan was begging his father to let him go after the Hood with Fermat and Tintin. Finally Jeff agreed and communications was shut off, the boys loading into Thunderbird 3.

I could feel John wobbling beneath me and I realised he had been injured as well - though not as seriously as me. Scott appeared next to us and was trying to convince John to let him carry me so someone could help John. John complied hesitantly and when I was safely in Scott's arms two of his brothers - or his father, I couldn't tell - supported him under his arms and led him out of the Thunderbird 5. I was numb to the pain now, I didn't even feel anything except a small twinge when I was handed over to Scott. The world was spinning and all I wanted was John. I could faintly hear Scott saying something to me - something about 'holding on' and 'not giving up'. But I was tired and I wanted to sleep. I wanted to get away from the dizziness and the uncomfortableness and the blood soaked into my clothes and skin. I felt my body shaking as I coughed and with horror I realised I was bringing up blood and it was splattered all over the eldest Tracy's space suit. I heard John yell and out my name and I shook my head around frantically. I was panicking and I felt like death would take me right at that moment. That was the last thing I remembered before a sharp, searing pain shot through my entire body and my vision went black.

A/N Hi. Happy New Years everyone! I hope you had a good Christmas and welcome to 2016. I hope you liked this chapter and I just wanted to know if you thought I should continue this after the movie or just write an epilogue. There is only a chapter or two left until we finish the movie and I wanted to know what you thought. Please answer because I really don't know. I feel like I could write after the film but I wonder if that would make this too long. Help! Thanks for reading!

allforthefandom x

Next chapter Tuesday x