Chapter 3 Adventures In The Jungle

I giggled quietly as John and I ducked through the trees. We had been moving around all day, stopping every now and then when we were sure the coast was clear. We were running from Gordon and Virgil who were yelling our names rather loudly. John was jogging ahead of me and suddenly he stopped. He turned back to me and motioned for me to crouch down, him doing the same. It was then that I noticed the familiar blond hair of Alan just in front of us. He was only a few feet away and he hadn't seen us yet, thank God. Unfortunately our luck had run out though because at that exact moment Virgil and Gordon decided to run up behind us. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I groaned as I realised we had been caught.

"Come on John, let's go and face your father's wrath." John turned around as I spoke and I could see the defeated look on his face.

"But we were having fun, Ellie. We didn't do anything wrong." He said and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I told you we would get in trouble. No one knew where we were." I had started walking now. Alan had joined us and, along with Virgil and Gordon, was silent. They all looked angry and I could understand why. We had left for almost an entire day and no one knew we had even gone anywhere let alone where we were going. John and I walked back side-by-side with the boys following behind us. I guessed someone had told Jeff and Penny they had found us because both of the previously mentioned people were standing by the pool looking extremely angry. I winced and got ready for the shouting.

"Both of you in my office. Now!" Jeff yelled and we immediately obeyed. Jeff, John and I were in the oldest Tracy's office and were being thoroughly shouted at. Finally John had, had enough.

"DAD!" He yelled. "Ellie and I are both adults. We don't have to tell you every time we leave the house! We both forgot our communicators but we were fine on our own!"

I had never seen John this angry or heard him shout before. He was usually the quiet, relaxed one. Jeff was obviously surprised too as he sat there in silence, his eyes wide. John stood up and stormed out of the room. I didn't know what to say. Finally, after a long silence, I found my voice.

"Mr Tracy, I'm so sorry we didn't tell you we were going out. John just didn't want the boys to come and interrupt us on my first day back."

"It's alright, Elizabeth." Jeff ran a hand down his face. He looked stressed. "Go and make sure he's alright please. Tell him I'm sorry. You are both responsible adults and I should have trusted you."

"It's alright, Sir. He'll be fine, he's just a bit annoyed right now. I'll see you later Mr Tracy." I then stood up and left the office, heading towards John's bedroom. Stopping outside, I knocked lightly on his door and heard a quiet 'go away' from inside.

"John it's me."

It was silent for a few moments and just as I was about to give up and leave, the door opened. John stood in front of me looking tired and stressed. He gestured for me to enter and I did, stepping past him and into his room. I had been in his room many times before. The walls were a light blue and pictures of different constellations hung about the room. John loved the stars. It was one of the main reasons he stayed up in Thunderbird 5 for so long. My love for the stars easily matched John's and we had gone stargazing together about a million times. The stars were just like the sea - calm, relaxing and peaceful. I loved it. We were sitting on the bed and I looked at John quietly.

"What's wrong?" I asked, shuffling a bit closer.

"I get why he's angry, but the fact that he didn't trust me enough to be on my own for a few hours. I'm an adult. He doesn't have to watch over me anymore. I mean, I can go up into 5 on my own for a few months, but as soon as I'm back on the ground Dad has to know what I'm doing every 5 minutes. I'm tired of it. I kinda wish that I hadn't come back down now. You still would have joined me in a week so I wouldn't have been alone for long. It's just -" He didn't finish his sentence, John looked so tired he could just fall asleep right where he sat when he finished his rant. He put his head in his hands and sighed. I scooted up the bed and lay down with my head on the pillows.

"C'mere," I said "you look exhausted. Just lay down and go to sleep."

John then came and lay down next to me and I put my head on his chest, snuggling up beside him. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me even closer. I was practically on top of him. John closed his eyes and let out a deep breath.

"What would I do without you Ellie?"

I didn't answer, just closed my eyes. In my head I thought to myself, 'No John, what would I do without you?' And then I let sleep take me.

allforthefandom x

Next update on Tuesday x