Chapter 2 A 'Best Friend Bonding Day'

The next morning I woke up in my room with an exited feeling. John had promised to take me down to the beach for 'Best Friend Bonding Time' or something. We were going to have a picnic and I was planning on taking my iPod with us. No one else knew so it would just be us for the entire day. Well, unless someone needed the Thunderbirds, that is. I rushed to get dressed in my favourite white summer dress and ran from my room to the kitchen, pulling on my red converse at the same time. I skipped breakfast and checked I had my iPod on me. It was early, 7 o'clock at the latest. We had planned on meeting early so no-one knew we were gone and I was a little late. We had done this before so I knew John would get the food for us. I skipped out of the door and past the pool, ducking under branches as I made my way to the beach. Once I reached the sand I pulled off my shoes and ran down the beach, automatically heading to the secluded area where I knew John would be waiting. It was hidden by tall rocks and the rest of the boys were too lazy to climb them so only John and I ever saw how beautiful it was there. There was a small gap between the rocks and the trees that I managed to slip through instead of scaling the rocks. I grinned as I came through, seeing John sitting on a beach towel staring out to the sea. One of the many things John and I shared was our love for the sea. It was calm and peaceful and I could easily fall asleep to the sound of the waves. John looked up and smiled at me as I came closer.

"Hey Ellie!" He said reaching up to pull me down to sit with him, "What took you so long?"

"Sorry, I left a little later than I should have: I slept in until half past six." I replied while blushing. I was never late. Ever. To anything. In fact, I was usually first to arrive.

"Doesn't matter. I've got your favourite, strawberry cheesecake with extra strawberries." John said, pulling the previously mentioned dessert out of the picnic basket.

"Thanks John!" I exclaimed, leaning up to kiss his cheek. His face went red and I was confused. I had kissed his cheek many times before and he'd never blushed. I brushed it off and dug into the cheesecake urging John to do the same. We spent the morning eating, laughing, dancing and listening to music. And then his brothers had to ruin the day. We could hear them yelling our names from further up the beach. We just ignored them and continued talking and catching up. Their voices got closer and closer and finally we had to acknowledge that our time together was up. I stood up and went to walk back to the rocks but John put his hand on my arm, stopping me.

"I don't want to go back yet." He whispered.

"Neither do I. But they're worried about us, we have to." I whispered back, glancing in the direction of the house. John started grinning mischievously.

"No we don't. We'll hide from everyone." He said, picking up our stuff, handing my iPod back to me and still grinning.

"John, we can't just leave for a day." I muttered, but I was starting to smile too. He knew he had convinced me.

"Come on, we'll hide this lot in a bush and come back for it later." John was already walking towards the trees, pulling me with him. I looked up at the rocks once more before laughing loudly and running off into the jungle.

Scott's P.O.V

We had been searching for Beth and John for an hour now and we were getting tired. Alan and I were near the end of the beach by a pileup of rocks. I yelled John and Beth's names and suddenly I had an idea. I headed towards the rocks, intending on climbing over them as I knew that this was the only place we hadn't checked apart from the jungle. I had been climbing for a few minutes and I was finally at the top. I lifted my head up to see over the rocks just in time to hear laughter and see a flash of a red and white before it disappeared off into the jungle.

A/N Hi there. I hope you enjoyed chapter two. We will be continuing our mischievous adventure in the next chapter. What do you guys think of the 'friendship' between John and Elizabeth? Thanks for reading! Byezies!
allforthefandom x

Next update on Friday x