Chapter 4 Accidents And Confessions

I woke up to voices. I didn't open my eyes, not wanting to wake up. I recognised the English accent I shared with Penny and Scott, Alan, Gordon and Virgil's voices. Then I realised I was laying on something warm and hard. My room was always cold, so where was I? The events of the previous day came back to me suddenly. John and I had run away for the day, then got shouted at by Jeff and finally fell asleep together in John's room. I concluded that I must have rolled over on top of John at some point in the night and that I was laying on his chest. He was comfortable and I could feel his muscles beneath my hands. John's arm was wrapped around my waist and I figured he was still asleep. That was until he groaned and mumbled a few incoherent words.

"What did he say?" I heard someone ask, probably Scott.

"I said 'go away'!" John grumbled, just loud enough for the boys to hear. I moaned and rolled over, intending to land in the bed. Nope, wrong way. I ended up on the floor, whimpering as pain shot through my head. I had hit the floor hard and I could sense a major headache coming on. John had shot up and was leaning over me looking worried while the rest of boys laughed at me. I closed my eyes in an attempt to block out the pain.

"Are you alright Ellie?" John asked and I shook my head moaning even more at the movement. I must have hit my head really hard.

"Ellie your bleeding!" He exclaimed, "c'mon, lets get you to Dad."

I was raised off the floor, and I whimpered at the pain. The boys had stopped laughing when John had said I was bleeding. I groaned as another wave of pain shot through me. Then I gave in to unconsciousness.

I woke up in my room with John sat on a chair next to my bed. There was something on the back of my head. Probably a bandage - John did say I was bleeding. When he realised I was awake, he shot up and sat on my bed next to me.

"Ellie!" He exclaimed.

"Shhh." I whispered, the loud tone of his voice making my head hurt.

"Sorry," he said, "how are you feeling?"

"In pain. Where are the boys?" I asked, wanting to know what the four were doing.

"Parker and Penelope took Alan and Fermat back to school a few hours ago - they're back now - and the rest of the boys are in the lounge, worried about you." He replied, looking concerned.

"I'm fine John. Can you help me up so I can go and talk to Penny?" I needed to talk to her. She was probably angry about yesterday.

"No way. You're not moving. I'll go and get her for you." John stood up and walked out of the room to get my sister for me. I shrugged and closed my eyes. A few minutes later John came back in with Penny in tow.

"Thank God you're ok, Lizzie. I was so worried about you." She exclaimed, rushing to my side. I opened my eyes at the sound of her voice.

"I'm fine, Penny. John, could you leave us for a second please?" He looked hesitant. "I'm fine John. Penny's with me." I added, begging slightly. After a moment he nodded and left the room, closing the door behind him. Penny gazed after him.

"He loves you, you know."

"He's my best friend." I replied.

"No, as more than that. He's in love with you." Penny persisted.

"What? Are you crazy or something? John's my best friend, he's not in love with me. Anyway that's not what I wanted to talk to you about. I'm so sorry about yesterday. I should have told someone that we were leaving." I said, guiltily.

"Oh don't worry about it. I'm over that. We were just concerned because usually you and John are the most serious. Not that there's that much difference." Penelope waved it off. "Now, you're going to have to stay in bed for a couple of days. You hit your head hard but you'll be fine soon. John can wait on you for a while."

I giggled at the thought of John running around doing my bidding. He would look so silly. And cute. Wait, what? Where did that come from? Penny stood up to leave and I stopped her quickly.

"Send John back in please."

She nodded and left. I pulled myself up into a sitting position and leaned back against the headboard. My headache had died down but it was still there. John walked in and came and sat next to me.

"I told the boys that you were alright. I'm sure they'll be in to see you in a bit." He said, nudging me over a bit so he could fully sit on the bed instead of hanging off the edge. I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder.

"You're a really great best friend, John." I said groggily and then drifted off to sleep.

John's P.O.V

"You're a really great best friend, John."

I frowned slightly at those words. I was her friend, nothing more. I was in love with this girl sitting next to me and she only thought of me as her friend. I would just have to deal with it. I had for the past few years. One day I hoped she realised what she actually meant to me.

A/N What do you think about John's feelings for Elizabeth? I feel sorry for him. She doesn't even acknowledge the fact that he could love her. Well, we'll have to see what happens.

allforthefandom x

Next update on Friday x