"I don't know anymore!" he gave in, throwing his hands up in the air. This motion caused Vero to back away from her as if she were scared. "Are you scared of me or something?"

"No. I'm sorry." she said, getting closer to him in order to give him a hug to cheer him up. 

When she attempted to put her arms around him, all he did was push her away. The force of the push was just hard enough to slam her against the wall. Lauren ran around the table and stood between the two of them.

"You know what, you two?!" Lauren began. "The two of you are about to raise a child together, when you haven't even grown up yourselves. This is dumb, and I don't think that a child deserves to be raised by two parents who haven't even set their lives straight."

"You!" Vero yelled, pointing a finger at Lauren. "Get your butt out of this house! No one tells me that I'm too immature to raise a child! I thought we were friends, Lauren, but I guess I was wrong."

Lauren replied, "Fine! But I was just trying to help you like you did for me ages ago. Come on, Camila, let's go."

Camila stood up from her seat and carefully walked around the table. She found Lauren's hand and took it so that she could be guided out of the house. The two got out of the house, shutting the door behind them, then made their way over to Lauren's car. When she backed up and took a different turn, she knew where she had to go.

"Hey Camila, we're making a stop real quick. We have to get this solved." Lauren said to her girlfriend in the passenger seat.

Camila asked, "Where's that? Police station?"

"You've got it. I'm doing this for Vero and Brad's child, not for them. I won't let that child live in a bad home. I'll do it if I have to." Lauren said.

Her girlfriend smiled in the seat beside her, and she let out a sigh. "That'd would be nice, Lauren. To raise a child I mean. Do you think that we'll ever have one, Lauren?"

"I don't know, I think raising you is hard enough as is." Lauren let out a laugh at her own joke.

"Hey!" Camila exclaimed, pretending to feel offended by the joke.

"Kidding!" Lauren continued to laugh. "But to be real, I think it'd be awesome to have a child of my own one day."

Camila smiled at Lauren, who continued to drive towards the police station that was only a few seconds away by now. Suddenly, there was a ding on Camila's phone, which startled the two of them. Camila smiled at the sound of that, since she knew exactly what it was. Her phone's space had been filled up by the video that she had taken from Vero and Brad's house.

"What was that?" Lauren asked.

Camila replied, "That, was proof. I took a video of the whole situation that went down back at the house. If I was holding the phone in the correct direction, then we may have solid proof to show the police how unhealthy the parents's relationship is."

"Good thinking! Let me just pull in and we can watch the video together." Lauren said, pulling to the side of the road instantly.

Lauren took Camila's phone and watched the video from the beginning. It was taken at a perfect angle, and everything that had happened was caught on film. But the most shocking part of the video, which called for instant help, was taken as the phone was still recording as she and Camila walked out to the car. By the way Camila was holding the phone, you could see Vero getting repeatedly slapped by Brad. 

"Oh my God, we have to get to the station now!" Lauren said, giving the phone back to her girlfriend and pulling away from the curb. 

In no time, the girls arrived at the police station, and Lauren helped Camila out of the car. Once inside the station, they were greeted by a friendly officer who was looking more than happy to help any citizen in town.

"Hey, girls. How can I be of assistance to you?" he asked them.

Lauren answered, "One of my friends is in her late stages of pregnancy, and she's in an abusive relationship. We just came back from dinner with them, when they told us to leave. On video you can see him hitting her. I tried to stop it, but they kicked us out of the house. The station was only right down the street, so we got here as quickly as we could."

"Woah there. Can I see this video?" he asked.

Lauren nodded, then showed him the video from Camila's phone. A look of sadness and anger came across the cop's face, and Lauren could tell that he was getting into police mode. When the video was over, Lauren gave the phone back to Camila. The two then awaited the cop's response.

"You two have been good friends to this girl, but we've got to get her out of there. Drive to the house, and I'll follow you." he told them.

The officer got another to help him on the mission, and they followed Lauren and Camila outside. They all got into their respective vehicles and made their way over to Vero and Brad's house. As soon as they got there, both officers told the girls to stay inside while they handled all business inside. After moments of them being in the house, one of the officers ran out with a look of worry on his face.

Lauren asked, "Is everything okay in there?"

The police officer responded, "Well, not really. The girl is hurt badly, and she was getting choked out when we walked in. But if we had gotten here any later, she could have died and lost her child. And the worst part in all of this is, she's going into labor and we need to get an ambulance over here."

Lauren and Camila's faces turned to shock at the sound of that, and Camila embraced Lauren, knowing that her friend was going through such a hard time.