The Departed

Depuis le début

"Carter! You better not hurt them!"

They were careful to not hurt her, but my wolf was on edge. He didn't like anyone touching what belonged to him.

I knew when I got home Natalie was going to give me a lot of shit for doing this to her. But I was doing this for her own good.

"Carter, we need to go." Drake reminded me. I nodded my head while making my way into the woods.

~*~*NATALIE POV~*~*

"He's doing this because he loves you. I know you're unhappy now but he's protecting you." Travis said trying to calm me down. I snapped me teeth at him and continued to pace the floor.

Earlier, I had gotten so mad after Carter left that I shifted into my wolf. We were both mad that Carter had left us here.

I was so angry. 

I couldn't believe he left me here. My friends could be out there and here I was stuck in this house.

'I need some clothes to put on.' I mind linked to Travis. He quickly nodded and left the room.

Liam was sitting on the couch watching me like a hawk. He knew my past reputation of running away so he made sure I didn't even leave the room. I thought he was overreacting.

Travis returned with fresh clothes which he threw on the floor in a giant heap at my paws.

When they both finally turned around to give me privacy, I shifted back and put on the red sundress he got for me.

"Where are you going?" Travis asked.

I walked over to the kitchen with my babysitters behind me and grabbed a bottle of white wine from the wine fridge. Carter hated wine, but I thought it was better than hardcore liqueur that he drank.

"I don't think you should be drinking. Alpha Carter wouldn't want you to drink any alcohol without him around." Liam sternly replied. I shrugged my shoulders and rolled my eyes.

"He doesn't care what I do as long as I don't embarrass him. He can do what he wants and I'll do what I want."

I poured myself a glass and took a long tug from the delicious wine.

"You know that's not true." Liam said flatly.

"You don't have to tell him anything I do. He certainly doesn't let me know what's going on with him." I finished off the last drop in my glass and poured myself another glass. "Do you know any news from the rogue situation?"

I had tried mind linking Carter earlier to see what was going on, but he kept blocking me out.

Travis and Liam both looked at each other warily. I knew they had but he hadn't wanted me to know.

"He hasn't sent us any news yet." I acted like I believed him and nodded my head.

"How's your family doing, Liam?" I asked. I watched as his whole face lit up and a smile took over his lips.

"Zach is doing well and my mate just found out we have another pup on the way."

"Wow, congratulations. I'm really happy for you." I genuinely replied.