Chapter 22: A Visit

Start from the beginning

"So, like the lady I am, I bit him and slapped him and got away. And haven't heard from him since then, unless you can label that silent, mid-night call a conversation..." The pup didn't show any reactions but simply stayed put while the girl petted and rubbed him. "And then I remembered he had invited me to go to his house today and now I don't know what to do...

The thing that encourages me to go is that I can excuse him for his actions since he was quite intoxicated back then so I doubt he knew what he was doing.

But, I'm discouraged over how uncomfortable and awful it felt when he did that to me, for no reason. Plus it would just feel awkward if I see him now and I don't really feel like looking at him...what do you think I should do?" She looked at the animal with a stray sense of hope, getting coughs up in the act that he was a real person. She snickered at her dumb behaviour and the stupid question, wondering when she grew witless. But then the dog bounded over to the side and came back with a small yet ripe, golden apple from the ground. The girl took it and examined the fruit. 'Why is this even fresh and fully developed? It's autumn?' She looked back at the dark dog with intrigue, "Is this supposed to answer my question?" The dog simply stood by her side with a wagging tail. After a few moments of further inspection of the apple, the girl finally came to a conclusion. "Alright then...so it'll be awkward if I make it awkward...? Ok, I'll go." She stood up with a certain new spurt of courage and looked down at the dog. "Want to join me?" After that was said, the dog began making steady strides towards the direction of the house. "You really make me question if you can actually understand me or not."

After successfully hiding and smuggling the animal towards her bedroom, (Y/n) started to change into a more comfortable set of clothes for the upcoming winter and made the excuse to her grandmother that she was leaving to visit the twins. When finally out of any possible trouble, she started to check the address of the house, given to her. With a few disorientations and questioning strangers, she found herself on the right path.

"Ok, so according to the address, the house should be this one-" she cut herself off when her eyes landed on the great building in front of her. The compound seemed to have the width of four houses built up against each other and held a two story height. It was surrounded by a brick wall with only two gates to allow entrance -one for a vehicle and another for a person- and the building itself looked very new and well-kept, with a dozen windows on each side and a modern design that only added to the fancy setting. (Y/n) felt herself slouch and retreat her body inwards at how minuscule she felt compared to the large building and found herself checking the address a number of times to confirm that this was the right house. But no matter what her brain told her, the evidence stacked against her suspicions and thus brought about new questions. "Hhhooolllyy mother of me..." She whispered to herself as she came to the realisation that her friend was practically rich. Fenrir began walking around the area to explore and mark his territory while his owner was still left in the dust by her new discovery. When she finally got her mind in check, (Y/n) began wondering how she should tell the boy that she was here. 'Should I call him or is there some sort of buzzer-'

"(Y/n)?" The girl turned around to her name and found her body frozen in place by the boy she faced. Ryo stood at a distance while clutching a plastic bag that seemed to be filled with groceries, a shocked and astonished expression plastered on his face. (Y/n) stood still, not daring to move a muscle in her body or face, in order to avoid making a wrong expression. Her blood seemed to freeze over, but not because of the chilled weather, and she could feel the vibrations of her beating heart coursing through her body like a shock wave. She gulped as her eyes took a good glance at the slightly bruised lip she had given him the previous day and the memories flooded back.

"So, are you going to invite me in?" Ryo only further seemed confused at her question, with no idea of what she was talking about. "You did want to study on maths with me, right?" (Y/n) gave him a sarcastic smile which jogged the boy's memory and realisation was brought.