Chapter 11: Sorry It's Over

Ivy

I was finishing my hair when I heard my front door open, "Ivy?" I hear knowing that voices from anywhere. I smile at myself in the mirror as I run down stairs to see Sebastian by the door, but something was off, his hands were in his pocket and he wasn't looking at me. He was looking around the room, or just at the ground but nowhere near me. I start to walk down the stairs, "Sebastian? Is something wrong?" I ask as I reach the bottom of the stairs. He moves his fingers through his short raven black hair and sighs, "We... We need to talk." He says and finally looks at me.

I raise an eyebrow, "What is it?" I can tell he thinking about to say, and he was nervous, something was wrong. I went to grab his hand but he just steps away from me. "Sebastian, you're scaring me, tell me what's wrong." I say now wrapping my arms around me. "Ivy... I think... I think you should go back to New York." He says finally and I feel my chest start to get heavy. "Wh... What? Why would you say that?" I ask trying to get close to him but he steps away from and goes into the living room. I follow to see him by the mirror looking at himself.

"Look at me..." He says and then turns to me and points, "Looks at you, you deserve everything, you're like royalty Ivy." I shake my head, and tried to speak but he holds his hand up, "I'm just an average guy you know this is true." "Sebastian, you're talking crazy, you're more than average, you're a painter who will take over the world with his art." I say. I walk up to him and place my hand on his shoulder, "We're perfect together." I say and smile. But he just won't stop giving me this look like his going to break soon. He sighs and pushes me away, "I thought we were perfect match but... We're a perfect mismatch..." He says.

"You don't mean that." I say feel tears come into my eyes. He turns to me, "I need to set you free." He starts to walk to the door, "Sebastian! Stop it!" I yell which makes him stop by the wall that my mother kept up that held all my awards, my metals. "Look at this Ivy! You're a royal girl! I don't have these, I'm just an average Joe, and you don't need me." He yells which makes me step back, he was so angry... I just didn't understand. He starts to move his hand around his neck, "Ivy, you need to understand that we have to break up. I'm sorry but... It's over." He says.

I swear I hear my heart break... No he didn't say that to me. I see his trying to walk to the door again so I run to him and grab his arm and make him look at me, "Don't you dare back away from me. This isn't like you." I say and he looks at the ground. "Sebastian, what has gotten into you? Tell me, who said what to you? Was it my father? Bill? Did they make you do this?" I feel him grab my wrist hard and push me back, "No one told me to do this! This is my choice, we have to get real and leave this alone!" He yells.

I wrap my arms around me again and feel the tears go down my face, "Please don't leave me alone..." I whisper. "You don't have to do this Sebastian." "Ivy, we're don't go together... We're so wrong for each other." I hear him say still not looking at him. I can feel my legs start to give up under me. "Why are you trying to hurt me?" I shoot my head up and look at him, he put his sunglasses on but at the moment I didn't care. "Why do you think this is the way it has to be? We're not breaking up! You're perfect for me!" I yell as I put my hand in my pocket and pull out my phone.

I show him a picture of us at the Cinderblock Garden, kissing in the rain; we just took it this morning. But he turned his head away from me so he didn't have to see. "Look at the picture Sebastian." I say with more anger I've ever had in my life. I see him turn his head and look at the picture. "You see?" I say as I put my phone in my pocket and grab his hands, "You and I are meant to be, as one." I say as I make him put his hand on top of mine.