Chapter 9: The Next Morning

Sebastian

          I woke up in the middle of the night to see the fire has gone out and Ivy was still laying her head on my chest. I smile to myself as I start to move trying to figure out how to pick her up and carry her to my room. Once I did, I pick her up bridal style and carry upstairs. I feel the blanket that was wrapped around her drag up with us. I couldn't stop looking at her, how did I get so lucky and so blessed to meet and fall in love with this girl? I thought as we reach my room. I lay her down to see her eyes start to open. I see her do a small smile as she starts to stretch a little. "Hey." She whispers with a smile on her face.

          I smile back, "Hey go back to sleep." I say and lend down and kiss her forehead, "I'm sorry I woke you up." She shakes her head, "Are you coming back to bed?" I nod, "Of course my love." I say as she moves over and I crawl back into bed. I pull her close to me and wrap my arms around her. I start to nudge my face into her hair. I wasn't going to go back to sleep; I knew I wasn't going too. I just laid there with her and listen to her breath and feel her chest move up and down.

          "I know you're asleep, and I know you can't hear me but... I'm sorry I broke our promises Ivy. I have changed, I'm a jerk, a bad boy and everything you didn't want form me. I don't know why I did, I thought maybe you would just walk back in the door and start yelling at me if I didn't change back or something. I was so stupid." I say as I start to hold her tighter. "I'm sorry I didn't say it back to you eight year ago. God I am so sorry." I say and I feel her hand go on my hand which makes me hold my breath.

          But she doesn't do anything; she just sighs with delight and keeps sleeping. I let out my breath as I hear the front door open. I kiss Ivy on the top of her head and snaked my way out of her hold even though I didn't want too. I put on some pants and a shirt and walked out of my room closing the door behind me.

"Goodness its cold out there, you thing the kids are still asleep?" I hear my mother as I reach the stairs. "I think so, maybe if you make some eggs and bacon they'll wake up." I hear my dad and some paper start to ruffle which means he picked up the paper. "Do you think Ivy stayed over?" I hear my mother as I stand to walk down the stairs quietly. I don't want them to know I'm up yet; Ivy and I use to do this when we were little so we could hear what they got us for Christmas. "Well if she did, we both know they're in bed together." I cover my mother as I hear my mother hit my father over the head with a book, I know that noise anywhere.

          "Oh hush now Sean! I can't think like that with those two kids." My mother says and I hear the footsteps go back to the kitchen. I start to go down more just in time to see my father get up and walk to the kitchen, "Oh come on Raven, you even wanted those two to get together and you know it." I hear my dad says. I hear my mom sigh, "You're right, it was always Ashely's and I's dream for those two to get together and maybe get married." She says which makes my eyes widen; I never knew my mother and Ivy's mother wanted that from us.

          I decide I've heard enough and start to walk down the stairs to the kitchen to see my mom cooking and my dad at the table still reading. He looks up and sees me, "See Raven, I told you Sebastian would wake up to the smell of bacon." My father says as my mother walks over to me and kisses me on the cheek, "Good morning sweetheart, how did you sleep?" She asks. Wonderful, amazing, great, I had the girl of my dreams in bed with me. I wanted to say but instead I said, "Good, thanks." As I sat down at the table across form my father.

          "Is Ivy still here" My dad asks putting his paper down. I nod, "Yeah, she stayed here last night, I talked her into it. She's still upstairs asleep." I say as mom puts a plate in front of me. I see my dad smile at me, "Good boy." He says and I roll my eyes as I get up and grab a cup of coffee. "How was your night?" I ask as I see the coffee wasn't made yet so I start to make it for the family. "Horrible! We had to stay at that gross hotel by the school; stupid snow almost locked us in the school. Did you lose power?" My mother asks.