Chapter 13: Brownie Points

Start from the beginning

"What she means that have they burned the house down yet?" Samantha asked me her voice sounding strangely metallic through the speaker.

"Yeah I mean I doubt the house can take so much hotness under one roof." Rebecca replied and I roll my eyes.

"You should be more like asking if they have killed each other yet." I say, "Trust me it's scary seeing them fight. They just keep giving each other the stink eye and if looks could kill I would be the only one alive in this house."

I heard Rebecca chuckle.

"Puhleez have you seen the way Jake eyes you when you're with Alec or the way Alec eyes you when you were with Jake." Rebecca asked me.

"No?" I say unsure.

I can hear Samantha and Rebecca laughing.

"Okay meanies." I say, "I have got to go to order some food. The nanny or whatever she is not here. Can you believe that she put a nanny for us?"

"Wait." Rebecca says so loudly that I almost go deaf, "I bet you Jake know how to cook. All hot guys do"

Samantha snorted.

"Puhleez if he tried to cook then the whole house will be on fire and all that will be left of our poor friend will be the ashes."Samantha said.

"Trust me it won't but if it does can I have those really cute shoes with the pink bows?" Rebecca asks.

"You guys are so nice!" I exclaim sarcastically.

"It's what we do darling." Rebecca says in a fake British accent, "but I'm willing to bet that Jake can cook."

"And I'm willing to bet that Alec can too."Samantha chirped in.

There was a bit off a shocked silence.

"Wait did you just bet on Alec?" Rebecca said slowly as if she was trying to process what had been said.

"Yeah." Samantha said, "If you look at it logically then his dad keeps on going on business trips leaving him alone so-"

"You know what I'm going to order a pizza." I say, "because I'm pretty sure they can't cook."

"We'll see." Rebecca said

________________________________________

Jake can cook.

Alec can cook.

I can't cook.

This is the last time I'm going to bet against Rebecca and Samantha. How the hell did they know? I mean I have lived next to Alec for more than ten years and yet I never knew that he could cook.

But the worst part was that I had eaten cold pizza and by the time they had come and cooked up some Michelin star quality food all I could do is think how I shouldn't have eaten the pizza and how hot the both them looked while cooking.

What can I say? Rebecca was right when she said hot guys cook. But what she didn't mention was how hot they looked while cooking. So I was spying on the two of them as Jake made some complicated pasta dish and Alec made tacos like he had been making them all his life.

Samantha was right. Alec must have learnt to cook as his father was always out but what about Jake? The few days I had lived with him in New York at their house it was pretty clear that they did NOT need to know how to cook, I doubt that if his parents knew how to cook either.

It was actually quite funny watching them cook. Even though they were cooking at the same time they acted like they were the only ones in the kitchen. If both of them grabbed the same thing at one time they would simply glare to see who broke first.