Chapter 13: Brownie Points

Start from the beginning

"Sounds like you have experience." I say.

"Not for two weeks but one night sure." he says.

"You're a pig." I reply disgusted.

"That's not what they thought." he says smirking.

I throw my bag at him but he easily dodges it and it hits a vase that shatters into bits on the floor.

"Ohmigod I'm so sorry." I say trying to pick up the shattered bits.

"Clara."

I looked at Jake who had a horrified expression on his face.

"That was my moms favorite vase that was given to her by her great grandmother. "He said.

"Oh my god." I say trying to put the pieces back together.

"Clara?"

I turned around to see Alec standing at the door with a quizzical expression on his face.

"Why are you trying to fix that ugly vase together?" he says," I can't believe you finally managed to break it. I and my dad tried for years and then Jeanine had taken it to see if she could do something with it."

I looked at him with my hung open and turned to look at Jake who was laughing like a moron.

"You're such an ass." I say glaring at him as he keeps on laughing.

"But you should have seen your expression." He says.

"Well I'm glad that you could laugh at my expense." I said angrily, "Now can you please show us the rooms?"

He nods.

"There is one bedroom downstairs and two upstairs." he says,"Alec take the downstairs one Clara come up with me."

"Hold it." Alec said "I don't like the idea of the two of you alone in one floor."

"Really you don't?" Jake said sarcastically, "Well I don't like the idea of the fact that you think that I actually care about your opinion."

"Well like it or not I'm in charge." Alec said.

"Number 1. Nobody put you in charge." Jake said, "Number 2. This is MY house and my rules."

"Shut up." I say loudly getting both of their attention.

"How about we do a compromise." I say,"Alec gets to decide which rooms we get to stay and Jake you get to decide what we do tonight."

"So I get to decide what we do tonight?" Jake said, "And he has to do it."

"Yes." I say, "But it shouldn't be physically harmful. Now I'm going to my room to get away from you."

I take a three sixty degree turn and head to the spare bedroom which I had seen before when I had come to the house previously.

The room was modern with a black and white fittings just like the rest of the house. It was huge but not as big as my room but it had a bathroom that was bigger than mine. I threw my bag to one side and collapsed on the bed.

Two weeks. Alone with Jake and Alec. Let me rephrase that. Two weeks all alone in the same house as Jake and Alec. Why am I not as happy as I should be? I'm living in the same house as ALEC! But what I was really unhappy about was definitely Jake and Alec together. They didn't match in fact they hated each other and I was stuck right in between them.

_______________________________

"So how is it living with the Henderson's or wait the Evans going?" Rebecca squealed through the receiver of the phone.