Chapter 4•I can't Dance

Magsimula sa umpisa

I hid myself from view seeing Will struggling to stay above the sea by hanging on the base of the said my brother had been controlling. I clamped a hand over my mouth, repressing giggles. Jack was stupidly smart, but he wasn't stupid enough to let Will drown.

"But pirate is in your blood boy, so you'll shave to square with it some day. Now me for example, I can let you drown. But I can't bring this ship into Tortuga by myself savvy?"

"So," Jack swung him back onboard making his back slam to the floor. "Can you sail under the command of a pirate?" Jack flipped his sword to the handle letting Will take it.

"Jack." I complained. "I hate Tortuga." Jack simply shrugged.

I rolled my eyes at them, knowing we could change course. "Do you think we could find a new shirt there?" I asked. "Mine's kind of ruined."

"I'm sure we do, you'll just have to find it."

• • • • •

I grinned seeing a guitar in a package during my hunt for a new shirt. I quickly grabbed it strumming the strings a few times listening to the beautiful sound. It had been nearly a years since I had picked up an instrument, and it took a minute of adjusting to get used to the feel.

"Do you play?" Will asked sitting beside me. I nodded, but then hesitated.
"Well, I used to. My mother taught me. I haven't played in years though." I shrugged setting it down by my feet.

"Can you play for me?" Will asked bumping shoulders with me playfully. I blushed as red as a tomato.
"No! I hardly remember."

"Charlotte does know how to play, don't ya lass?" Jack smirked sitting down as well. I had the urge to hit him with the instrument.

"No I don't. I've forgotten, it has been years." I replied, but by now both boys were grinning.
"What was that one song you and ma used to sing? She sang wonderfully ya know." Jack told Will.

"Oh look! Is that Tortuga? We should go." I hurriedly said steering us to the docks letting the two boys laugh behind me.
"You should really play for me sometime." Will whispered in my ear making me close my eyes for a second too long.

"Sometime. Maybe." I replied wanting to slap myself. How is it he can do this? I just met him for Christ's sake.

"Promise?" He asked.
"No." I answered with a smirk, docking the ship. I quickly got off telling them I'll meet them at the pub. I sneaked into the nearest shop grabbing the nearest blouse that looked like my own but it was cinched at the top squeezing to my size. I grabbed a new black corset as well that had twisted gold designs down the middle. It was very pretty but made certain features on my body stand out more than I'd like. I even found a sleeveless vest that matched the corset and smiled putting it on.

I made my way out only to be stopped by the boss a grimy looking man and abnormally short.
"Were ya planin' on paying for those lass?" He grinned showing his gold teeth.

I smiled innocently at the man, shaking my head, "No I wasn't." And with one hard punch to the face he was knocked out cold. I stretched out my hand before stepping over the fallen man.

I wish I was sorry about that.

• • • • •