Chapter One

(Avalon's pov)

New place. New hell. New life. Here I come sunny suburb Florida.

My name is Avalon Springer. I'm the daughter of the deceased Andrew and Annabella Springer. I'm 17 now. They died when I was 5. I have been in the foster care ever since their death. I still have nightmares of their death. I also have really bad anxiety. I get panic attacks rather often.

I'm moving to Florida to a new foster home today. I have been to move foster homes than I can count. I hate the foster care but I only have 6 months before I turn 18 and can be on my own finally. My parents are rich to put it simple. When I come of age I'll be getting my parent's old house, that I'm renting out now and after, and a bunch of money. I'm going to rent my parent's house probably for good and I'm going to buy my own place. I'm also going to go to school for nursing.

For now it's Florida. I've been told I look just like my mom. I have her fiery red hair and her icy blue eyes. I have my dad's curls and his pale porcelain flawless skin. I have a curvy tall frame. I'm 5'7" and have nice tone long legs. I also have a perfect amount of butt and boob.

I'm a skater girl so I'm dressed in a pair of navy blue jeans, a black tank top, and a navy blue plaid shirt. I have a pair of navy blue skater high tops. I was sitting in the car beside my social worker Maria. She is a heavy short neck woman with a mess of black curly hair and green beady eyes. She has a crooked pointed noes and a big round butt like chin. She had worts, pimples, and moles all over her face and body. It was putrid. She is a very unattractive woman in her 40s.

Maria was in a black tight skirt with pinstripes. She had a black tight tank top on, a black pinstriped vest, and a black pinstriped jacket along with stiletto heels. She was in her expensive Volvo car that was rather stupid due to the crampness that the large woman makes. Once the car stops I literally out of the car thanking the lord for letting my misery end in that over heated, suffocating, cramp car.

"We're here." Maria said in her deep, almost manly, harsh voice cutting through the busy suburbia streets. The streets only had the noises of the young children playing outside, people walking dogs and chatting their neighbors, old people gardening and mowing lawns. It was a picture perfect neighborhood. The house, that must be my new home, was a nice white two story house that was almost perfect size for a small family. There's a nice white picked fence, a nice green nice cut grass, and a nice flower bed up against the house.

An older woman came walking out of the house and like all the foster family's had a fake smile plastered on her face. She was a boney thin woman who had a too angled frame that made her look like triangles. She had fake bleached blonde hair that fell like straw to her shoulders and she had ugly brown eyes and ashy white skin. She had thin long lips that took up a lot of her face. She had a big sandwich like noes and small tiny baggy eyes. She was tall, too tall.

She was in a too short white pencil skirt, a too tight red tank top that had way to deep plunging neck line, and she had way too sharp heels. She had so much make up around her eyes making her look like a raccoon, a thick coat of red lip stick that was almost not even on her lips, but around her lips. She also had way too much power on her face eye liner. She had enough make up on for 50 of me and I barely wear any. She was simply a train wreck. The worst foster parent so far.

"Hello you must be Arron-

"Avalon." I corrected annoyed.

"The deaf chick right." I frown at this. "Arron Summer."

"Avalon Springer actually."

"Alright how about you bring your stuff up to the attic, just above the top of the stairs, and I'll talk to Miss. Martin about my money- I mean your care." Bitch. Seriously whose the deaf one here. God she's a selfish bitch for sure.

I shook my head and brought my stuff upstairs. The attic was dusty, cold, and dark. The light lit up only the center of the room. the air was thick and heavy here. There was a cot on the floor, a lamp, a rat bitten dresser, and a cheap broken heater. No blankets, no closet, no heat. Great.

I looked at the dresser and shook my head. "No way in hell I'm going to use that." I sighed and put my black duffel bag that was filled with my clothes, my big black camping duffel that you always see people bring for camping, and my black back pack. I put those down and pulled out the money I have earned from working all last summer and headed back down the stairs. "Can I go to the store and get a few things for my room?" I asked faking niceness. The woman rolled her eyes.

"Go ahead tramp. By the way the name's Patty." I just nod and grabbed my skate board from the back of Maria's car and hoped on. It was an 'Alien Workshop Dyrdek Hexmark Anaglyph 7.75" Skateboard Deck' (Look it up it's the green one, should be the first one, but IDK)

I hoped onto it and headed down the street. I figure the store couldn't be too far so I rode until I found one. It was a small shop, but they should have what I need. I'm going to just get a bunch of blankets. I walked in and went for the home section. I got a nice thick plain navy blue quilt, a thin cheap blanket I'll cover the bed with because I don't want my body touching the cot, and I also grabbed another thick navy blue quilt. I walked to the register and put my ideas up there.

"You know summer's coming?" The man behind the counter asked. He was an old man. He had pale green eyes, tan skin, and combed back snow white hair. He was still rather buff and looked to almost be from the army. He was in a long sleeved grey shirt, a pair of jeans, and some boots. He didn't look like any old man I've seen.

"Yup." I say looking at his lips the whole time so I know what he's saying. "My room is always cold so I want to buy some new blankets." I say and the man smiled at me. He turned and looked at the doorway.

"Hello Sasha, Slade, Trex, Trix, Tylek." He said with a nod. I turned and saw a bunch of boys. The one in front had black ebony hair that covered his eyes and went half way over his ears. He was tall, 6'5" at least, and well built, but still lean. The two boys behind him had similar hair. The one to my left looked exactly like him. Same built and frame, but his hair was spiked up showing emerald green eyes. They both looked my age. The one to my right had buzzed black hair and the same eyes, but looked younger, about a year. He didn't have as much muscles and was shorter, 6'3".

There were two kids behind them too. One looked older than all of them while the other looked the youngest. One looked around 19, while the other looked 14. The 14 year old had dirty brown hair that was cut short and half down his neck in the back. He had dark brown, almost black eyes and all five were tan. This boy had the same lean and muscular frame, but more weaker looking than the rest. The oldest, who stood beside the 14 year old, had the same eyes, hair, and skin color. He had his hair buzzed short and had a hard face. 

All the guys were in blue jeans. The first guy jeans were low waisted and baggy, a long sleeved grey shirt, and a pair of boots. The second guy had a pair of lighter jeans, a white shirt under a navy dark green plaid shirt, and high tops along with a matching green beanie. The third had a black long sleeved shirt, and dc low top sneakers. The youngest one was in a red hoody, a pair of light jeans, and blue and white sneakers. The oldest was in baggy black cargo pants, a black muscle shirt, and black combat boots.

I looked away and handed the man the money. "Here you go." I smiled.

"Thanks." The man looked behind me confused. I frown and turned to see the oldest standing behind me.

"You gonna move? I already said excuse me." He said grumpily.

"Cool for someone who can actually here. I'm deaf dumbass." I said before turning and leaving the guys speechless.

I can't wait to be 18.