Fear coursed through my body, and I went to back away from the man when, instead, he seemed to read my mind, and his free arm wrapped around to press against my back. Contrary to my wishes, a tear leaked from my right eye.

All too often, I had listened to too many of my father's investigative stories and a slew of podcasts about predators and stalkers escalating and taking the lives of innocent girls.

The stranger smiled and watched the lone tear run down my cheek as it puddled when it hit his hand. It was his wide smile that allowed me to notice his massive canines poking at his bottom lip.

I tried to yank back again, and in response, he chuckled eerily. "Oh, I see what has you startled. Do you like them, Sweetheart? It comes with the territory of being a werewolf."

I felt my lip and chin begin to quiver under his hand.

"Goodness, I didn't have you pegged for a crier. Would've thought Jaycen's mate would have thicker skin."

Jaycen?

Deciding not to linger on the name drop of a guy I barely talked to. Instead, I knew I needed to act. I had to get his hand off my mouth, and away. Over his shoulder, I could see the lacrosse field and a few forms speckled on it.

Since the blue-eyed stranger had one hand on my mouth and his other was on my lower back pressing me flush against him, my right hand remained free.

Bunching up my fist I swung with all my might my right hand into his face. He seemed shocked when I connected, and that had given me hope, but before I could fully pull my hand back to run free, the hand that covered my mouth shot over and grabbed my wrist.

"Hel-" I was cut off by the startling quickness of his actions.

He yanked my wrist, spinning me around so now my back was flat against his chest, his arm wrapped around me pinning my arms to my sides and he quickly replaced his other hand back on my mouth.

His lips brushed my left ear, "Now now that's more like it Sydney now-"

I wasn't listening, I was shaking my whole body violently. I kicked my legs and tried to smash my heel into his shins. I wasn't going to let this happen to me.

"Damn it, stop fucking squirming around, or else I'm going to fucking hurt you!"

Tears were hot down my face, but I refused to stop fighting.

Not without my mother and Aaron, never knowing what happened to me.

Then to my surprise, he released me.

I didn't dare look back and started running.

My stomach dropped when I made it all of two steps when a force hit me from behind and pinned me to the forest ground. Everything was happening too fast, and my adrenaline and tears made it too hard to think or see clearly.

I felt the roots of trees digging into my abdomen and the roughness of the wild grass and dirt against my cheek.

"And here you thought you were gonna get away. That wasn't a smart idea Sweetheart. I do admit though, that was cruel of me to give you false hope. So, how do you know Jaycen?" He asked. I could feel one strong arm pressing against my neck. I was afraid if I tried to shift, he would break my neck with one wrong move.

"Wh-who?" I asked quivering in fear of this psychopath who thought he was a werewolf.

"Jaycen, popular kid who's about ya' high, girls always clinging to him? He has oceany eyes..." Mystery dude hinted scornfully.