Chapter 35

Today is the launching of 5 Seconds of Summer’s book. I left Lucy at Katherine’s  again. She can’t go with me today because we might be very busy and I can’t take care of her.

I wore a red dress because girls who will attend the launch must wear red and boys must wear black. I arrived at the venue at the exact time. The boys were already there. Calum was the first one who saw me and welcomed me with a warm hug.

“Hey, we are going to start after five minutes,” he said.

“Oh okay. I’m glad that I’m not yet late,” I chuckled.

Michael and Ashton gave me a hug too when they saw me and Luke just nodded and gave me a crooked smile.

The launching of their book started after five minutes. There were a lot of media. They had interviews from different networks. It almost took 3 hours to finish the launching.

The boys hugged and thanked me for the success in launching their book.
Luke just thanked me.

“Coleen, let’s go,” Michael said.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“We will celebrate!!!!” He announced excitedly.

“We are going to have a party!” Calum announced.

“I can’t,” I said.

“Why?” Ashton asked.

“I need to go home for Lucy,” I answered.

“Where is she?” Calum asked.

“At Katherine’s,” I answered.

“It’s okay. Come with us. We will tell Katherine that you can’t pick up Lucy,” Michael said.

“No, uhm... I really nee-,” Calum interrupted me.

“Come on, just for tonight,” he said.

“I called Katherine,” Michael said with grin.

“Okay, but I’ll go home early,” I face palmed.

“Okay, Luke will drive you home, right Luke?” Michael said and put his arms around Luke’s shoulders.

We ride at Ashton’s car except Luke because he brought his. When we arrived at the party there were other artists from different bands. Alex Gaskarth and his girlfriend Lisa were there.  My jaw dropped when I saw Alex he was one of my favourite artists I mean his band was one of my favourites back then, actually until now.

The boys hugged Alex.

“I can’t breathe boys,” Alex complained while laughing. The boys set Alex free and they greeted Lisa.

Ashton pulled me and introduced me to Alex and Lisa “This is Coleen she’s the editor of our book.”

“Hi Coleen nice to meet you,” Alex shook my hand and smiled.

“Hi,” Lisa greeted and hugged me.

“Nice meeting the both of you. I’m a huge fan of All Time Low! I’m sorry I just can’t control my feelings, I just can’t believe that I finally met you,” I laughed nervously.

“Thank you,” Alex said and gave me a hug.

After that we went to the other parts of the venue. Ashton went to talk to Jack Barakat. Michael went with the girls as usual. It was me, Calum and Luke. After a couple of minutes Luke left; I didn’t know where he goes.

“It’s okay Cal if you want to mingle with other people. You can leave me here,” I told Calum.

“Are you sure?” He asked.
“Yeah, I’m fine here,” I said. Calum left me.