Chapter 17

Today is the day where Luke and I will go to the publishing company that I want to work with. Luke told me that I need to bring some of my writings, so that the company will review it first and see if I’m qualified to be part of their company.

I wore the most decent clothes that I have to look presentable. I put my wild hair into a ponytail.

I told myself that I will make it. I will be part of that company.

Luke knocked at my door.

“Coleen, are you ready?” he asked.

I took a deep breath before I answered him “Yes I am.”

It took an hour before we arrived at the company.

I was so nervous. I can hear my heart beating so fast.

Luke talked to some people in the company that he knows. Then they told us to go to the 5th floor. They said that I’ll just pass my writings there; they will call me after reviewing them.

Luke knows the CEO of the company because it’s their family friend. So there will be a greater chance that they will hire me.

After I passed my writings I still feel nervous. I can feel that my hands were shaking.

Luke held them and said “Don’t be nervous.”

He kissed my hands and it sent a thousand volts into my veins.

Why Luke is still doing this kind of things to me? These things are not part of the contract.

“What do you want to do when we get home?” he asked.

“Rest? I guess,” I replied.

“Do you want to watch some movies?” he asked.

I nodded.

When we got home we changed clothes first to feel more comfortable.

“Let’s watch The Fault in Our Stars,” he said.

“Sure,” I said.

We sat on the couch.

Luke moved closer to me. His smell is intoxicating.

When we were in the middle of the movie I felt my eyes were getting heavy. I felt sleepy because I didn’t have much sleep last night.

I can’t take it anymore I fell asleep on Luke’s shoulder. Before I could really fall into deep sleep I heard that he whispered something to my ear but I didn’t pay attention to it because I was really sleepy.