Chapter 13

Luke asked me to go to his bedroom. He said that we need to talk about something.

I knocked twice before he opened the door.

We sat on his bed.

"Can you still remember the thing that I asked you?" he asked.

"What thing Sir?" I asked back.

"The thing like 50 shades of grey," he replied.

Yes of course. How could I forget that? I almost lost my breath when we talked about that.

I nodded.

"I want us to do that," he said.

Do that?! No! I believe in fairytales but not that kind of fairytale.

"But not like that," he said. It's like he read my mind.

"The thing that I want to do is we will have benefits from each other. We will have a contract," he said.

I felt a sudden relief when he said.

"I just found out that you write stories, poems, etc. And you want to be in a publishing company. I therefore conclude that you can write a song for me," he said.

Nice investigation Mr. Hemmings.

"So do you want me to write a song for you?" I asked.

"Yes but not just one song. Write as many as you can. So this is my offer, you write songs but the credit will be mine not yours. If you agree with that I'll help you to be part of the publishing company that you like. You can easily be part of it with my help," he said.

"Can I think about it Sir?" I asked.

"No, I need your answer right now," he replied.

I will write for someone. And the credit will not be mine. Should I do it? I know I might be unhappy if I do it. It's like I'll let someone stole my work but this will be the easier way to be part of that company. It's my dream to work in that publishing company. I know Luke can really help me with that. I think I will take his offer. All I need to do is write songs for him.

I took a deep breath before answering him.

"I'll take your offer Sir," I said.

"Do you really want to do it?" he asked with his blue eyes focusing on me intensely.

"Yes I do," I replied.

"Now, go sign it," he said.

"Okay," I said.

He gave me a contract. I read it first before I signed it.

The other benefits that I will get are higher salary and fewer working days. So that means I will have a day-off, I will have time to have my own normal life.

After I finished reading the contract I signed it and gave it to Luke.

"You can go now," he said.

I nodded.

Before I completely left from his room he said "Don't call me Sir anymore. Just call me Luke."

"Okay Sir Luke... I mean Luke," I said then went to my room.

I checked my phone and I had 5 missed calls from Katherine so I called her back.

She answered at the third ring.

"Coleen!!!!" Katherine squealed.

"Hey!" I greeted.

"How are you?! I missed you so much!" she said with so much excitement in her voice.

"I'm fine, how about you? I missed you too so much. I hope to see you soon," I said.

"I'm super duper fine. Yeah you will really see me so soon because you will watch a concert with me," she said.

"Let me guess, Ed Sheeran concert again?" I asked.

"Of course! I'm a supportive wife," she laughed.

"When is it?" I asked.

"Next week she said. I already had my date with him for a day! It was the best day of my life. I almost died! But I didn't have the chance to kiss him that's the sad part. He gave me two tickets. I have a free pass to his concert he said that I can bring two friends," she said.

I hope that she didn't ask Brad to come with us. It will be so awkward to be with Brad. I also don't want to be with him anymore after what he did to me. But I will not tell Katherine about it. I know that she is my bestfriend that she needs to know things like that but I chose not to tell her. Brad and Katherine have the special thing for each other but they are like trying to prevent it. I know how much Brad loves Katherine and I think he will not hurt her like what he did to me. But Katherine is trying to stop that special thing between them because she doesn't want to have a relationship with a friend, she doesn't want to put the friendship on a risk.

"How's your life with your future husband?" she teased.

"Great!" I lied.

"Tell him to come with us please. I also want to meet him," she pleaded.

I felt a sudden relief that Brad will not be with us. But my problem is can I ask Luke to come with us?

"I'll try to ask him," I said.

"Don't try. Do it!" she said.

"Okay. Okay," I said.

My bestfriend didn't know how hard it is.

"Yay! See you and your future husband next week! I love you! Take care!" she said.

"I love you too! Take care!" I replied and that was the end of our conversation.

How should I ask Luke?