Chapter 3

White Lightning stood, seemingly frozen in place in the dark forest, he wasn't sure if what he had just heard was real, or if the sound of the river had distorted it to sound like what he heard.

The stallion shook his head and scowled, he turned back towards the camp and stomped in that direction, feeling a mix of anger and confusion pile up in his head.

The circle around his eye began to spark with small branches of blue electricity as he moved closer to the camp, the fingers of it stretching just a few inches away from his head, emitting a soft humming and crackling sound.

The stallion stomped and turned to the left of the camp, towards the nearby mountain range.

As he went on he felt more anger pile up, he wasn't even sure if what he had heard was true, yet it angered him ever more.

Slowly, a bluish, florescent, transparent electric orb began to form in front of the circle, it buzzed with electrical current, crackling and sparking quietly as the stallion grew angrier.

The stallion stopped in his tracks, he growled lowly, stomped, and reared up, the orb flew from his head towards the mountain at a very high speed with a loud electric fizz. The orb slammed into the side of the mountain, causing a massive, electric, blue explosion, the sound echoed loudly through the valley.

The stallion snorted and turned away, feeling his anger subside, he walked back to the camp.

The stallion walked around the inside of the camp for a few hours, all the while receiving random "hello's" and "hey's".

Eventually, he turned to walk back out of the camp, Horseshoe ran past him but then slid to a stop, trotting over to him.

"Hey! White! You hear that loud boom a couple hours ago??"

The stallion nodded, considering it best to keep his abilities to himself.

"Yeah, I heard it.."

Horseshoe nodded back, "Yeah, scared the hell outta Shadow and I. I figured it was just a boulder fall or something. You know, like, when the edges of cliffs fall off."

The stallion rolled his eyes, "Yeah, we'll go with that one.." Grimacing at the mention of Shadow.

As if on cue, Shadow came cantering over to the two stallions, suddenly slowing and turning his head away as he glanced at White Lightning.

White Lightning gave him a slight glare but then turned back to Horseshoe, "So, you guys got any plans tonight?"

Shadow looked up at the sky, dark clouds were forming overhead, and a chilly breeze blew through the plains, he spoke quietly, "I-I think its gonna rain soon..."

White Lightning suddenly retorted, "Well, gee, no shit, Sherlock..." He then blinked quickly, a surprised look on his face, shocked by his sudden action.

Shadow jumped back slightly and lowered his ears, a hurt look on his face.

White Lightning sighed, "I'm sorry, Shadow, its been a bad day for me, after the whole running around thing.."

Shadow suddenly went from saddened to embarrassed, remembering the forest, after all, White Lightning had said that it had been bad ever since they split up at the river.

White Lightning looked down, a look of regret on the stallion's face, he knew now that Shadow must've known he had been listening, back in the woods.

The stallion turned his head away from Shadow, not wanting his face to be seen.

Horseshoe fidgeted awkwardly, randomly breaking into a very sublet piaffe, "Sooooo...should I leave you two....?"

Before White Lightning had a chance to speak, Shadow broke out into tears, turning towards the canyon to the southwest, and running.