On and On

"Tae, his parents were killed. His brother was an alcoholic and abandoned him. He hasn't had a real home for most of his life." Jimin flopped backwards onto his bed; phone in one hand holding it up to his ear while the other was placed flat on his forehead in disbelief.

"Wow." Taehyung breathed. Jungkook went to buy groceries and Jimin called Taehyung the second he left. He had to talk about this with someone else. It was eating him alive and he didn't know how to talk about it with Jungkook himself. He opened up once, Jimin didn't think he was going to elaborate on any of it.

"Why would someone do that?" Taehyung asked. He was just as confused as Jimin. Sure, Jungkook might not be his favorite person but that certainly isn't the way a human should be treated.

"I mean your boyfriend did it too." Jimin said quietly. He didn't want to start anything but Taehyung deserves to know how his boyfriend treated people in the past.

"Huh? What about my boyfriend?" Taehyung said, a hint of annoyance already in his voice.

"I'm not trying to start anything. I promise. But J-Hope, uh I mean Hoseok, dated Jungkook."

"He what? You must be joking." Taehyung laughed half out of confusion and half out of jealousy brewing inside of him.

"I'm being serious, Taehyung. And that's not all." Jimin said. He never used his best friend's full name unless he was being serious.

"How do you know that?" Taehyung asked.

"Jungkook told me. He told me everything. Hoseok took him off the streets, filled him with the hope of stability and ditched him. All the way to Korea."

"Are you sure he's telling the truth?"

"Do you really think he'd lie about Hoseok being a stripper?"

"A what?" Taehyung couldn't believe what he just heard, "There's no way."

"Under the name of J-Hope."

"When? He told me that his family moved to Korea right after he graduated high school."

"His family, yes. But he stayed behind." Jimin said.

"What the fuck. So he's been lying about his past this whole time?"

"I guess so Tae, I'm sorry."

"Wait so that's why there's always tension when they're in the same room?"

"Exactly. They didn't end on the greatest of terms so Jungkook is too scared to talk to him and Hoseok treats him like he's invisible."

"I've asked Hoseok before and he said that Jungkook reminded him of someone he used to know and it always made him uneasy. But no, another lie"

"Not that lying is okay, but how would you feel knowing your boyfriend used to be a stripper who dated the prostitute that I took in?" Jimin hated the word profit ute leaving his mouth but he was getting a point across.

"Oh."

"Exactly. But now the question is what do we do? After that blowout the other night Jungkook is terrified to go near any of you. He's embarrassed because Hoseok made him look like a fool."

"I don't even really remember and I guarantee nobody else does either."

"Tae, Hoseok told him his family didn't want him and that he needed people to 'fight his battles for him as always'."

"You're joking." Taehyung paused, "But he was drunk, we all were. It didn't matter."

"But it matters to him. Hoseok tore down what sliver of self confidence he still had. He hasn't left my bed for three days. I forced him out to go shopping for food because it hurts to look at him. I've never seen him cry and that's all he's done. He's barely talking and will barely look at me. But he won't leave my side. He clings to me. Which I'm fine with but he needs to be his own person and I don't think he can do that until he settles this whole thing." Jimin said. Taehyung fell silent, unsure of what to say next.

"Something needs to happen, Tae. I hate to say it but if they can't get along its gonna end up becoming us not getting along. Jungkook isn't going anywhere whether you like it or not. I don't know about Hoseok but maybe I can try again but until I know Jungkook can feel comfortable I still can't stand the guy."

"Jimin."

"You know I'm right." Taehyung sighed, Jimin tended to be the realistic half of their friendship.

"But what do we do?" Taehyung asked. He knew Jimin was right, "We can't just say we're having an intervention."

"We could lie?" Jimin said.

"Lie to our boyfriends, Jiminie are you insane?"

"Jungkook isn't m-"

"He's your boyfriend, end of story." This time it was Jimin's turn to sigh.

"I mean not to play this card but Hoseok lied to you."

"Okay, theoretically we lie. How do we pull this off?" Taehyung questioned.

"Do what Namjoon and Jin did to us. Invite us over and I'll say Hoseok won't be there. He's working or something."

"Why my house?"

"Jungkook lives with me, idiot." Jimin rolled his eyes.

"Oh yeah."

"So we come over and Hoseok will be there and we force them to talk. They'll have this huge emotional blowout to fix things. Then we all live happily ever after in harmony. The end." Jimin smiled.

"Easier said then done but okay. It's something."

"Tomorrow?" Jimin asked.

"Tomorrow." Taehyung agreed.

"Best of luck."

----------
Sorry for the wait! I'm having a little writers block sadly but I think I'm okay now. I know this chapter is short but it sets the scene for the next (if there's typos I wrote this during school in my phone) Enjoy!

What do you think will happen between Hobi and Kook? Is it happily ever after like Jimin said?