Chapter 9

Alex's POV:

I've been sleeping for a few hours, but the nurse just had to come in and wake me up.

"Good afternoon, Alex... How are you feeling?" The nurse asked, pulling out her clipboard.

"My ribs and head hurt, other than that, I'm feeling fine." I informed her.

"That's good. And your wrist?" She pried, scribbling down some notes.

"Not too bad." I shrugged.

"Ok good. Now, you suffered some serious blows to your head, so I'm just going to ask you a few questions... Just to make sure you didn't go through any memory loss or if there's a certain problem we must deal with and blah, blah, blah."

"Uh, okay. Ask away." I said hesitantly.

"Do you remember your full name?"

"Alex Marie LaBelle." I answered.

"Mhm. Place of birth?"

"London, England."

"Yep. Age?"

"16."

"Mmm... Not exactly. Your records claim that you are 18... Alex, who brought you into the hospital?"

I didn't know what to say.

I'm not eighteen! I'm sixteen! Why does she think I'm fifteen...?

"Louis Tomlinson and Eleanor Calder..." I replied reluctantly, not knowing wether or not that was the correct answer.

"They're not your parents... But, if they brought you in I suppose they're your guardians for a temporary time?"

Okay, by now I was in full on panic mode. My anxiety acting up and getting the best of me.

"I-Uh... Uhm..."

"Alex, is there something I should know?"

I might as well tell her the truth...

"My mother and step father have been beating me non stop for no real reason. I very recently won a contest to spend a day with my idol, Louis Tomlinson, and his girlfriend, Eleanor Calder.

Once our day together was complete, I was dropped back home where my drunk step father was waiting, ready to give me my daily beating. But Louis came back and saw my step father hitting me, so Louis took me with him."

I didn't make eye contact the entire time, and when I finally looked up at the nurse her eyes were full of confusion and pity.

"I'm sorry, Alex. You really did not deserve that... And I'm afraid you will not be able to return to your mothers house as long as her and her husband are treating you that way... Hold on, I will be back momentarily." The nurse babbled, turning and leaving the room.

What's going to happen?

Louis' POV:

I was sitting in the hallway outside of Alex's room. The nurse had just gone in a while ago to speak with her.

"I still can't believe I messed up this bad, El..." I croaked, looking up from my lap into Eleanor's beautiful eyes.

"It's not your fault, Louis. I think we just need to distance Alex from Harry and Niall... At least if the the two boys are together. We can't give up on Alex... To be honest, Lou... I kind of see her as our own daughter..." Eleanor said, smiling slightly.

"Me too. And as long as she's our daughter, I will protect her and treat her as though I am her real father." I smiled.

"Excuse me, Mr. Tomlinson?" The nurse that was speaking to Alex approached us.