Chapter 4: Speachless.

Start from the beginning

Jasper walks up to me, and asks if I'm alright.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asks frantically, grabbing my shoulders and scanning me down with his eyes.

Why does he even care?

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit scared.. Of Hunter.." I say, turning my head down to face the ground and pouting.

"Why?!" He asks worriedly, his eyes almost coming out of his skull.

"Becausehehitmeallthetimewhenweweregoungout." I say in one breath.

Silence.

"Um, what?" He asks again, "this time speak slower.. Please." Jasper breaks the silence.

"Hunter used to hit me while we were a couple. Well, I mean, you could never really say we were a couple, I mean, after all, he was really rude! And he was mean all the time, and would tell people untrue things about me and-"

"He did what to you? He HIT you?!" Jasper asks, red faced through gritted teeth, balling up his fists.

Crap crap crap crap crap.

"Uhh.. Yeah. He did. A lot of times too, even once he threw a cardboard box of training equipment at me.." I say shamefully, and that was when the first bell of the morning rang, saving me from this conversation.

As I'm heading to my first class, I start to think.

I don't know why at all, but I was really comfortable with Jasper, and I felt as if I could trust him with anything in the world. All I had to do was say, and I'm sure it'd be done.

••••••••••••••••

As I walk into class, late, I get stares..

Did I do something wrong?

"Willow! I heard that fugly emo kid fought hunter for you!!" A friend of Hunter's whispers, then laughs.

Another person does the same, and another, and another, until I'm in the back of the classroom in my seat, next to Jasper.

I look at his expression.

Red faced, clenched jaw, gritting his teeth, and balled fist.

Damn. This is all my fault.

"Now class.." The teacher begins, "Today we will be writing an essay, about Romeo and Juliet. It must be about 2 & 1/2 pages or longer. Begin."

The teacher heads off to her desk and I pass Jasper a note..... Lets hope to the gods I don't piss him off again, or pull his trigger.

•••••••••••••••••

Jasper's P.O.V.

As I'm "writing my essay" a small, balled up piece of paper hits my pencil, and rolls off of the table.

Might as well pick it up, and read it.

"What's wrong? And what's all this talk that you fought / are going to fight Hunter because of me?! Ok really sorry, for causing this!! Don't hurt me please! I'm probably at the top of your kill list aren't I? .. xx Sorry.. :c

-Willow."

Okay. This chick never seems to just shut up, and say anything simple.

I write back.

" oh, yea its all true. im fighting

him because of all the fucking things you told me he did to you. and, no. I don't have a kill list.