Target Practice (Shane Walsh- TWD)

I was walking to the little shooting range we had created near Hershal's farm. We were all gonna learn how to shoot, well some of us anyway, I already knew. I remembered back to when I was on my own. It had been just me from the beginning, most of my family were dead and the rest well I don't know what happened to them. I watched my friend Y/F/N get eaten alive by some walkers while all I could do was watch in horror. My gun had run out of bullets and my knife was in my bag. After that experience I didn't join anyone else I thought it would be better if I stayed by myself.
When I had arrived at the CDC I got a shock to find there was only small amount of people there. I quickly became friends with them but I had to admit I took an immediate liking to Shane, he could be a bit of a dick but something about him just made me feel safe. I wouldn't tell him that though, god no. As far as anyone knew I hated Shane and he hated me. I dunno why he took a disliking to me but it doesn't matter.

As I got closer to the fence were all the bottles were lined up I could see a few people talking. Rick and Carl were Lining up bottles while the others were getting the guns and ammunition ready. I could also see Shane, he was putting amo in his shot gun and practising lining up the shot. I was snatched away from my day dreaming as I felt someone jump on my back I quickly went for my knife and was about to push it into that persons gut when I heard all to familiar giggling.
'Hey there Y/N whataya doing ?' Andrea asked me finally releasing me from her hold.
'Well I was about to flippin stab you' I told her smirking. She just laughed at me and looked forward as we continued to walk together. Andrea was like a weird sort of sister to me and I liked having her around.
'He's lookin at you yano' she suddenly spoke up.
'What, Who ?' I questioned her with my eyebrows raised.
'Shane' she smirked. I looked over to where he was standing and sure enough he was staring at me. I couldn't help but stare back his gaze was almost hypnotic. I snapped out of it when a hand was waving itself in front of my face. 'Y/N.....Y/N close your mouth you're drooling' she laughed at me. 'Yeah yeah whatever' I gently pushed her and she mocked being shocked. She pushed me back and the two of us burst into laughter while finally arriving at the fence.

After a while of shooting I was getting tired. My aim was good no doubt about it, but I missed every few shots as my eyes kept closing.
'Y/N' I heard a voice suddenly call my name and I looked to my left to find Shane standing right beside me. 'Uh hey Shane' I smiled awkwardly.
'You keep missing, you need to focus' he started with giving me a lecture.
'My aim is fine I'm just tired' I told him defensively.
'What if a group of walkers came through here at night when you were tired, what would you do then' he glared at me.
'I'd protect myself' I retorted. 'I'm not stupid I know what to do, I've spent more time alone in this world than any of you'
'Hm' he just said.
I turned back around to go again but suddenly felt two arms go around my shoulders and help my hands hold the gun. I looked up to see Shane holding me. I tried hard to fight the blush that had erupted on my face. 'What are you doing' I tried to say sternly but my voice was betraying me.
'I'm helping you with this shot now turn around. Ok now line it up with the bottle beside the tree'
That was the furthest one away beyond the fence.
'I can do it myself yano' I told him but he just told me to shut up and prove it.
I lined up the shot and prepared to aim. Suddenly I felt hot air being blown against my neck sending waves of shivers down my spine. Shane's arms become more secure around my body and I was pressed up to his chest.
'What are you waiting fore Y/N' he whispered into my ear making my legs feel like jelly.
I quickly tried to snap out of it but I was losing focus fast. I closed one eye and looked down the top of my gun at the bottle. I pulled the trigger and a shot rang out. When I looked to the tree I seen I had shot the bottle. I smiled triumphantly and turned around to brag to Shane when I felt lips crash into mine. I opened my eyes wide to find Shane kissing me, it only took me a second more before I began kissing back. I felt him smirk into the kiss as my arms wrapt themselves around his neck while his tightly secured themselves around my waste. I felt his tongue run along my bottom lip and I shyly opened my mouth as his tongue entered. It lasted a while more before my lungs began to burn from lack of oxygen and we both pulled away.
'What was that for ?' I asked him, my arms still around his neck and his arms holding me firmly.
'You made the shot' is all he said.
'I'll have to continue doing that so won't I' he smirked then but it slowly settled into a soft smile, one that I had never seen on his face before.
'Y/N I want to tell you something' he suddenly asked. I looked up at him and nodded.
'I love you, I have for a while now after getting to now you, you're independent and you think for yourself but you're also caring and want everyone to feel happy. I love so much about you and I just hope you feel the same way about me' he finished.
I grinned widely and kissed him again with more passion than the first. When I pulled back Shane was smiling again.
'I take it you feel the same' he smirked.
'Of course' I laughed. 'I love you too.'