Chapter Thirty-One

1st January 1836

And at the chime of the clock, they kissed.

Their hands clasped gently, and their eyes closed, everyone shrieked and grasped their own hands, as if they were the couple on the raised platform. Angelica felt a trickle of water down her cheek and wiped it away hastily, but they kept coming. She was crying...of happiness? Who had heard of such a daft thing? But it was so, while her mouth was made like the Cheshire cat her eyes flowed with salty tears. Jonathan put an arm around her and drew her close. He felt close to tears himself, though he daren't show it.

Azure had done so well - she couldn't have preformed better. Angelica had told Azure what to do and say, practicing it with her daughter in the days leading up until her mind was numb and mouth tired. It had paid off. Even more so, it looked as if even Azure understood what a wonderful occasion this was. It was touching to see the mother giving away her youngest daughter, the only child that was her own...even if only Jonathan understood this. In the economical side their money problems were all over, due to the amount of gifts sent and the huge sum Robert insisted on giving for his ring on Azure's slender finger. In another aspect, all of the children were now married off, which meant Angelica could be peaceful. Azure was going to a kind and delightful husband with a comfortable home of which to spend all her days.

Angelica could be peaceful at last.

After the ceremony had finished, a small party commenced in the garden. It was dark now, being past midnight, and several lamps had already been set up. It wouldn't last long as it would soon be cold, and people had already starting saying their good-byes. Not one left unsatisfied at the wedding. The food has been bountiful, the wine delicious and the couple simply the best matched and most handsome of couples. Nothing more could have been done to make the occasion more joyous than it had.

Many were already wondering when they could get gifts for a possible child.

But of course Angelica and Jonathan had no reason to trust in the fact that there could be. Azure had improved so much but it was hardly expected she knew how to be in the bedroom. She never knew how children were conceived or the pain suffered when they are born. She knew nothing of the "nether-regions" and was so simple she had only been taught things useful to her.

Such as the piano.

Azure was playing the most complicated compositions, and she even played a little at her own wedding. The enthusiasm of the guests as they gathered around the large, expensive piano was unmistakable. They basked in the glow of the sound of a key being pressed delicately and the colours the music brought. Azure let the notes trill up high and be thunder-struck at low, the bass was strong and the harmony light and soothing. No one disagreed that it wasn't the best version of the piece they had heard.

Though most hadn't heard it before.

When they inquired about the piece played, Angelica closed her eyes and sighed, just for a moment before replying:

"Azure...My Blue Love."

***************************************************

I did start the second book but with no comments and pretty much no feedback I've deleted it. I was already anxious about  making a sequel and I had an interesting plan set out, very much like this book where it starts off a little slow then gets better. But since I don't have any idea how it's going it's best to delete it. I hope no one is too disappointed but nothing was really happening and I think the first book is better on it's own anyway.

Hope you enjoyed reading!