fifteen

How do you guys feel about Harry and Kendall?😐
I'm not sure how I feel about it, I'm kind of indifferent.
But I'm happy if he's happy.
_____________________

I had wanted to make Luke jealous, but I never would've guessed that he would act like this.
I was startled when Luke grabbed me and I didn't really have time to think before I reacted.
I pulled myself out of his arms and turned around to face him.
I jabbed my finger into his chest and yelled, "Do not ever touch me again. Got it?"
His eyes went wide and he just started at me for a minutes before stuttering out, "C-Claire, please just let me explain. I'm so-"
"I don't wanna hear it, Luke!" I seethed. He started to talk again but I cut him off by saying, "I thought we had something. At least a little something. But I guess I was wrong. As a matter of fact, I knew I was wrong the minute you came waltzing in here with her. So I am going to sit here with Michael and have a nice lunch and you are going to get the hell away from me!"
After I finished my little speech, I huffed and sat down in the booth, motioning for Michael to join me.
He sat down across from me and Luke looked between the two of us before storming out of the coffee shop.
And of course, Jasmine jumped up and chased after him yelling, "Babe, come back! It's okay, you don't need her, you have me." and other things of that nature.

"What was that about?" Michael asked when everything settled down.
"Long story. Let's talk about something else." I sighed, slumping down into my seat.
"Okay well, what do you want to talk about?"
"What have you been doing since the last time we talked?"
"Well, the band has been having a lot of practices and we have finally scheduled our first concert." He said, his eyes lighting up at the mention of the band.
"Oh, when is it? I'd love to come." I smiled and he returned it.
"In a couple of weeks. I'll let you know exactly when it gets closer. Maybe you can ride with the guys and I. You could watch from backstage." He offered and I could see the hope shining behind his eyes.
"That would be great." I smiled.
We talked for the rest of my lunch break and I was actually upset when I had to go back to work.

Work seemed to pass slower than usual. I couldn't stop thinking about Luke. But then, I also couldn't stop thinking about Michael.
Thinking about Luke hurt. Thinking about the nice lunch I had with Michael seemed to numb the pain a bit but not enough to fully make me feel better.

Penny let me leave about 10 minutes early. I wanted to believe that it was because she was being a good friend but I figured it was just because she was tired of my foul mood.

But, of course, right as she informed me I could leave, I bolted for the door.

The drive home was quick since there was barely any traffic.

I walked in the door and was greeted by Becca, on the couch, shoving chips in her mouth while a rerun of Criminal Minds played on the tv.
"Your home early." She laughed.
"Yep, things happened, I was in an awful mood, so Penny let me leave early." I sighed, plopping down beside her on the couch and taking some chips from the bag.
"What happened?" She asked as she turned her body to face me.
I ran a hand through my hair and said, "Well Luke came in today, as always."
She nodded, telling me that she was listening.
"But he brought someone along. And it was a girl. And it was Jasmine. My soon-to-be step sister." I said and I heard Becca gasp.
But I couldn't bare to look at her.
"Step sister?" She asked quietly.
"Yep. Our parents are getting married. And it wasn't even my mum that told me. It was Jasmine. My own mum didn't even tell me that she was getting married." I stood from my place on the couch and walked into the kitchen to get a drink.
A drink would clear my mind and that's exactly what I need right now. I popped open the wine just as Becca walked in.
"Maybe your mum was waiting for the right time to tell you." She suggested.
"I have no idea and I honestly just don't want to think about it." I said as I poured the wine into a glass.
"Well you can't just drink your problems away, Claire." Becca huffed.
"I'm just going to have a bit, it'll be okay." I waved her off and went back into the living room.
Becca stayed back in the kitchen and I could hear her moving around for a while.

When I finished my drink, I switched on Netflix.
"Hey Becca, wanna watch a movie?" I called.
She walked in with a bowl of my favorite soup and handed it to me.
She gave me an apologetic look and said, "Sorry, babe. I'm about to go over to Cade's but I promise we will have a movie night soon."
I fought off the urge to roll my eyes and gave her a light smile.
"It's fine." I sighed and she hugged me, then retreated to her room.
I sighed as I searched through the movies, trying to decide what movie I would be watching by myself tonight.

I had decided on watching The perks of being a Wallflower. This was one of my favorite movies and I had watched it multiple times but I loved it.
Before I started the movie, I went into my room to change into a tank top and some fluffy, Harry Potter pajama pants, then I pulled out my phone to call Penny and call in sick to get out of work tomorrow.
Penny wasn't really the owner but her family was, so she was basically in charge all the time.

Penny had sounded slightly annoyed but agreed none the less. I played my movie and at some point, had managed to fall asleep.

At about 2:00 a.m., I was awoken by someone banging on the door. I began to yell for Becca to get it but then remembered that Becca had left some time last night during the movie.

So I huffed and stood from the couch, slowly stretching out my limbs.

The knocking became harder and more frantic as I moved towards the door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I yelled, exasperatedly.

When I reached the door, I flung it open.

But the problem was that when I did, I desperately wished that I hadn't.