four

A/N:
Me trying to flirt in class: So what school do you go to?

------------------------------------
He swiftly opened the door and stepped inside.
Even though it was fairly windy outside, his perfect little quiff was still in place.
Ugh.
He looked over towards me and gave me a smoldering look.

He took his time, strutting over to the register that I was currently working at.

But just as he approached me, Michael walked in.
A smile lit up my face and I smirked, taking off my apron and hanging it up.

"Where are you going?" Stupid player boy asked with a confused look on his face.
"Lunch break." I said bluntly.
He just rolled his eyes and waved another worker over to take his order.

I made my way over to Michael and sat down in the seat across from him.
"Hi." I greeted him with a smile.
"Hey." He smiled back at me.
We chatted for a bit about different things.
We caught up on everything we've missed in each other's lives these past few years.

"So, who is that blond guy and why does he keep starring you down?" Michael asked, starring at stupid player boy with a hard expression.
"I'm actually not sure what his name is but he is just some cocky customer that finds joy in my annoyance." I huffed.
Michael just laughed, his care free, adorable laugh.
His laugh was contagious, it only took him laughing for a couple of seconds to have
me laughing along with him.

Michael and I spent my whole lunch break talking and laughing. I dreaded the moment I had to get up and get back to work.

But the moment came anyway so Michael and I said our goodbyes and he promised to come over sometime.

I stepped behind the counter and pulled my apron over my head.
Just as I was a about to tie it around my waist, two strong hands took the strings from me and began tying it.

I felt his breath on my neck as he whispered, "Who was that guy?"
I immediately recognized his voice, it was stupid player boy.
"Why?" I asked after he had finished tying my apron.
I slowly turned to face him and he had the usual smirk plastered all over his face.

"Because I want to know, sweetheart." He said, almost sounding...jealous?

"Well, it's not really any of your business, now is it?" I sneered.

His smirk faltered a bit but he immediately composed himself.

I walked past him, towards my spot at the register.
But he just followed me over and asked again, "Who was he?"
"No one that you should worry your pretty little head about, stupid player boy." I muttered.
An amused look overtook his face and he said, "What did you call me?"

My cheeks grew pink and I looked down at my feet.
"Nothing." I muttered, "And if your not going to order anything then you should probably move along."
He just chuckled and kept his spot.
"So your name is Claire, obviously because it says it on your name tag, which you wore today." He said, pointing to the name tag that now occupied my shirt since I had remembered to put it on.
"And I have asked you what your name is several times." He added.
"Where are you going with this?" I asked, rolling my eyes.
"Yet, you have not asked my name nor have you done anything else to try and figure it out. So you call me stupid player boy. Why?" He asked, with an incredulous look on his face.

I just laughed and motioned to the door, signifying that a customer had just walked in.
"I have a customer so if you don't mind?" I said, trying to get him to leave.
The girl that had just walked in had an annoyed look on her face and I gave her an apologetic smile.
Stupid player boy finally turned to walk away but before he left, he said, "I'm Luke, by the way."
And then he was gone.