(19) Stay Omega Stay

Start from the beginning

"Please leave." I bellowed, grabbing a hairbrush and chucking it at her. "Please just go away, please!"

She vanished again, but appeared again directly in front of me. "You killed Sage, you killed Savannah, and now you're killing everyone who's ever loved you."

"Please go away." I said weakly, unable to find it in myself to yell at her.

"You're pathetic really." She mocked. "You're a burden to your family, and that's all you'll ever be."

She disappeared after that remark, leaving me in the complete silence of the room. I continued to cry, unable to support myself as I crumbled to the ground. The taunts wouldn't pass as they echoed in my mind. I couldn't breath, couldn't function as I tried to get my thoughts back.

"I don't know what's going on with her and I immediately thought you may." I heard Lucian's voice and I looked up for a split second when I saw my mom and dad standing at the doorway.

"Get away." I screamed, covering my ears in hopes that everything would just go away. But even then it seemed like the taunts just got louder and louder.

"Lucian dear, how long has she been like this?" I heard my mom speak, her voice mildly shaking.

"She woke up screaming, it may have been a dream but..." I could feel his eyes on me as I cried. "She doesn't want me touching her, it's like she doesn't recognize me as her mate."

"You know this could just be her defense mechanism kicking in." My mom spoke again. "Being isolated for so long can make someone go a little..."

She didn't finish her sentence as she scanned me over, her eyes swarming with worry. My chest constrained at the look she was giving me as I lay helpless on the floor. My dad looked down at the floor, not allowing me to see what emotions were crossing through his mind. I looked at them, clutching my chest as a feeling of vulnerability settled deep within me.

I heard another voice from behind my parents and they turned to see my brothers staring at me. Clayton was looking at me with confusion and Rylan with concern. They began asking my parents what was going on with me, and Lucian tried to explain the way I had reacted when I woke up.

He was dead, Lucian was dead and it was all my fault. Yet, here he is standing before me with that look in his eyes. A look that I never wanted to receive from him, and it nearly broke my heart into a million pieces. He was looking at me as if he couldn't recognize me, as if he didn't know what to do with me.

"Lucian?" I whispered, my body shaking with fear.

"Why would she be losing her mind now?" Rylan asked softly, but I could still hear him.

"She's grown up with so much torment and fear," I snapped my head to my mothers voice. "I think this was triggered by Sage and Savannah's death. I had a similar reaction when Logan was killed but..."

"Penny will be fine." My dad countered, cutting her off from what she was saying. "Our daughter can get through this Celia, I know she can."

"This isn't the same as me Cooper." She snapped, her eyes narrowing worriedly. "She's different, and the things she's been through will taunt her."

"What if Ayana did something?" Clayton pointed out, taking a step into the bathroom, but I only whimpered.

"Just go away." I begged, rocking back and forth on the floor. "Leave me alone. Just go away."