Chapter 19

alison pov

when i woke up the next morning charlotte was still in my arms, sound asleep. i let out a quiet yawn and slowly and carefully got out of bed, attempting not to wake her up. when i made it to the kitchen i was surprised to see emily was still here. "morning. i made breakfast." she said with a sweet smile. i tilted my head to the side, "you stayed?"

"yeah. i hope that's okay. i just wanted to make sure you two were safe in here for the night."

i grinned, "you stayed to make sure we were safe?"

she shrugged, "you just moved here. lot of assholes in the world. making sure my girl was able to sleep right." she said and i felt a wide smile crawl its way to my lips.

"why are you smiling so creepily?" emily said and chuckled.

"cause you called me 'my girl'." i said and walked closer to her.

she put her hands on my hips and kissed me, "well you are my girl. and only my girl." i giggled and she kissed me again.

"breakfast is ready." she patted my butt and i squealed and took a plate of pancakes.

"i should wake her." i said.

i knocked on the door quietly but no answer.

i listened in and heard thrashing.

oh no.

i opened the door and ran inside, "NO!" charlotte screamed and thrashed all around.

"i didn't do anything! it wasn't ME!" she screamed out louder and louder.

i jumped on the bed and held her arms down, "CHARLOTTE! WAKE UP!" i screamed and she shot her eyes open, still freaking out.

"focus on my breathing. mirror me." i said calmly and breathed in and out slowly. she shakily repeated me and i nodded as she relaxed finally. emily was watching from the door frame.

"now. want to tell me what you were dreaming of?" i asked as i helped her sit up.

i sat myself next to her and she put her head in the nape of my neck.

"mrs. cavanaugh." was all she said for me to understand.

the tragic story. this crazy bitch called bethany young pushed mrs. cavanaugh off of radley's roof and them blamed charles for it...well charlotte.

"it's in the past now babe. you're free. you can move on. bethany can't hurt you anymore." 

bethany is still locked up.

she was separated from charlotte long ago. charlotte was named the top crazy person in there for killing someone but it was never her. charlotte isn't crazy. and she never really was.

when i was just a baby and charlotte was charles at the time, he saw me crying and thought a bath would help and he dropped me in scorching hot water. dad flipped out and sent him away from jason and i.

when charlotte relaxed we invited her to some breakfast.

"you act like you're her mother." emily said as we ate, me keeping an eye on charlotte on the couch.

"yeah well. i've always been protective of her. my mother loves her to death but when mom isn't around i step in."

emily smiled, "you'd make a good mother."

i laughed, "one step at a time hon." i patted emily's cheek and stood up to go over to charlotte, "are you done?"

she nodded and i rubbed her arm and took her plate and cleaned it all off.