16. r

george ryan ross was pronounced dead the next morning. at four am brendon got the call to his hotel room that he had booked for the night because of the tragedy. he was heartbroken; ryan had been expected to make a full recovery in the next week.

when ryan's heart stopped, so did part of brendon's.

-

-

-

it was weeks later, maybe even months. brendon didn't know. he was too distraught. the band him and ryan had been in broke up after their second album release, which brendon could hardly even handle. his dead boyfriend had played the guitar for this record, but he felt like he couldn't let the fans down. he was checking his email one day, scrolling through all the junk, when he saw one from a tyler joseph. his brow knit. wasn't this the kid who hit ryan? he clicked it, enlarging the text.

I am so, so sincerely sorry for what happened to Ryan. He seemed like a good dude. I wrote a song about him, I hope you enjoy it. This wasn't meant to be creepy at all. Delete it if you want, I guess. It was kind of a closure for me.

Best,

Tyler Robert Joseph.

brendon leaned over, grabbing a pair of headphones from his bedside table. he opened the audio file, plugging his headphones into the jack as the first words came in.

this is a song about a scarlet letter, yeah.

-

(a/n: i love pain and suffering. my throat actually hurts from writing this.)