3. r

the snow was falling softly around his car still, the streets bare and smooth. he glanced over at his buzzing phone, picking up the call.

"hey!" brendon's cheerful voice filtered out of the speaker. ryan smiled at the sound.

"hey babe!" he replied happily.

"so how's the fam? is your mom doing good?" he asked.

"well..." ryan bit his lip nervously.

"what is it ryan? is she okay?" brendon was heavily concerned, and ryan could tell he was about to jump in his car to drive to ohio and see him if he didn't explain.

"no, she's fine bren, but i'm not at home," he chuckled slightly.

"then what?" some of the edge was gone from his voice, but he was still scared.

"hey, i'm coming to see you," he explained further. brendon let out a deep breath, and ryan was sure he was smiling.

"no, no, i can't ask you to do that," he said back.

"then good thing you're not asking me," ryan smirked. brendon sighed defeatedly.

"i'm only letting you do this because it's not snowing that badly and i'm a selfish bastard," he laughed, causing ryan to as well.

"i better let you go then, prince charming," brendon said softly, "love you goodbye, ryan."

"i love you too, brendon. stay safe till i'm there," ryan sadly smiled as he heard the beep that ended their call.