15. u

ryan was out cold. but that didn't stop brendon from running up to him and holding him like he wasn't.

"hey baby," he whispered gently, tangling their fingers together swiftly. he kissed his temple lightly, watching his chest move gently. tyler and zack awkwardly stood in the doorway. tyler couldn't help but think that if he hadn't rushed, if he hadn't driven fast, if he hadn't skipped that red light that they'd be fine; these two lovers wouldn't have to be reunited like this. by some miracle tyler was not harmed at all, and yet this man was in critical condition. tyler would make sure to pray extra hard tonight.

zack coughed loudly from beside tyler, reminding brendon of their existence. his head turned back to face them for a second or two before he scooted back his stool a bit, leaving more room around the bed for the other two to join if they wanted. tyler approached slightly, hearing brendon humming a slow tune to his boyfriend. his eyes had clouded over, tears threatening to spill out.

ryan's head moved to the side. the heart monitor evened out a bit, and tyler could swear he saw his grip on brendon get tighter. he didn't seem to be the only one to notice. brendon's face broke out into a wide smile.

"hey ry," he said as his eyes fluttered open.

"wh-where am i, bren?" his voice was quiet, maybe because he was tired out or maybe because he was scared of tyler.

"you're in the hospital, but it's okay," brendon whispered into his forehead as he kissed the area, "i missed your skin when you were east." ryan nodded a bit at his words. as brendon rubbed his thumb on ryan's hand tyler noticed the heart moniter spiked, smiling a bit. he caught brendon's attention, pointing to it subtly. he smirked, leaning in and kissing right next to ryan's mouth. the moniter spiked even more, causing him to laugh. all the tension in the room melted away with the comforting noise, leaving them all in the continued beep of ryan's machine.