"Holy shit." Paytah says. It is loud. And not like the cheering kind of loud Juris was hoping for.

We're behind the stage, so we can't see the people on the other side. We all stand behind the curtain, not knowing what to do.

"Just step out when the curtain opens. There's no need to say anything, just let them see you," a guard tells us. We all nod, or at least I do, and I stare at the curtain wondering what I'll see when it opens.

I quick grab Juris's hand, knowing Paytah will just shake it off. But I look over and see Paytah's hand holding Aira's. I force myself to stop thinking about it. Plus, Juris doesn't even flinch when I grab his hand.

But when that curtain opens, all hands let go.

People. People everywhere, now even louder than before, if that was possible. They start running forward, trying to get onto the stage, but guards are holding them back forcefully. I frantically look at all the signs people made.

"ELEMENTS=ALONE!"

"MUST LIVE SEPARATE!"

"4 KIDS MUST BURN IN HELL!"

My stomach aches, my eyes immediately turn watery. I look at the others. Aira is already crying, her body shaking. Juris is just as bad, his eyes hopelessly looking at all the people who want us dead. Paytah's jaw is clenched, even his eyes show sorrow.

But then I see the reflection of fire in his eyes.

I look forward, already seeing bodies on the ground, either burned, wet, or wrapped in vines. People are flying from the air people. Fire flies, water flows, vines flop against the wind.

They are killing each other.

Paytah is the first to move. He jumps off stage, trying to grab people to make them stop fighting. And when I see a man punch Paytah in the jaw so hard he falls, I jump off stage.

There's so many people I feel claustrophobic, but I keep moving, trying to grab people to stop fighting. I feel heat coming my way and duck, right before a ball of fire comes flying to my left. But then I'm thrown out of the crowd by a gush of air. I land right next to a woman, her eyes open and still.

She's dead. Because of us, because of me.

I quick stand up and stare at the big crowd. There's no way this can be stopped, but I need to try. I run towards the group again, but a guard grabs my body and pulls me back. I scream, trying to get free, but it's no use. I look to my right and see a guard grabbing Juris. His eyes are puffy, a big burn mark on his arm.

Then I look over and see Paytah being dragged from the crowd, his body being tugged away. He stares back at the crowd in fear and confusion. He looks bad, that punch already causing a bruise, and other bruises and scars everywhere.

But then I see Aira, also being held by guards. Her hands are running through her wild blonde hair. Her eyes? Wide, filled with devastation. Pure fear. Pure hopelessness.

Then we all look at each other, in utter confusion.

This is not some test anymore. This is real. This is what Hanson has prepared us for.

Disaster.

••••••

HELLO!!

Well...BOOK 1 IS COMPLETE!!

Of course, there will be a book 2 :)

I just wanted to thank everyone for reading this story. At first, I didn't even know how I was going to write this, but y'all made it fun to do! Thanks for voting, commenting, or even just giving it a read! U guys mean so much to me, and I mean it!

I haven't even started book 2, but I'll try to get it started!

If you liked this and might know someone else that might, please share this story! Or at least tell them to get Wattpad ;)

Thank u all so much! I had a wonderful time making this story, and hoped you enjoyed it as much as I did

-Grace