Chapter 8

Paytah

Right when Eve said there was a way out for her and Lana, I made my move. I walked up and pushed Eve right to the ground, ignoring Lana's loud yelling. I grabbed Eve by her shirt and pulled her up. She's strong, but I'm stronger, and she soon gives up.

"Tell us what really happened with the other elements," I say, staring at Eve's guilty face. I don't trust her, not one bit. I don't believe she knows the way out, it's impossible.

"Usually I wouldn't mind a cute boy hitting on me like this," she says, looking right at me. I let out a puff of air and push her to the ground again. "Where are they?" I raise my palms, smoke filling up the air. Eve stares at my hands and slowly gets up.

"Okay okay, I know where they are," she says. She sighs, grabbing her braided hair and throwing it back. "We-we didn't get along at all. Fire killed the earth element, and he-he tried killing me. I didn't want to kill him, but he wouldn't stop..."

"So you killed him?" Juris asks, and Eve nods, looking down. "He almost killed me, I-"

"Did you kill the air element too?" Aira asks, a tint of hurt in her voice. Eve nods once again. "She went mad too."

"Bullshit." Is all I say. Eve and the others stare at me, almost glaring. Of course these stupid idiots are on her side, they don't think realistically. They give pity.

Something I'm not familiar with.

"What are you saying? They are all de-" Eve begins, but I cut her off. "Dead. Really? They are all dead, and you killed two of them." I snap, and I feel loudmouth Lana's arm on my shoulder. "She's innocent, Paytah."

I let out a little laugh, and I can feel all their sick eyes on me. "She's a murderer, in this case. But-" I take a step closer to Eve, and she looks at me and takes a step back. "This is not the case."

"Paytah, your making no sense." Juris says, but I ignore him.

"Where are the bodies? Surely you wouldn't bury them, why would you care?"

"It-it's far away from here. Like ten miles that way," Eve points to her left, and I laugh once again. "What are the odds? Ten miles. Must've took you hours to get here."

"Paytah, give her a break," Lana says.

"Lana, there's no way out," I tell her, and she shakes her head no. "Eve knows-"

"Eve doesn't know shit. She killed the air and fire element.."

"Yes she did, what does that have to do with anything!" Lana snarls, and I grow angry.

"She killed them both with just her water element," I turn back to Eve. "No blood is on you, so you must've just what-drowned them somewhere? And, huh, no burns on you. Strange. I would assume he put up a good fight, and the air element. But no, your fine, and they are dead?"

"She's helping me out, and that's that!" Lana yells, lifting to her palms, but I lift up mine at the same time, and she freezes.

"Lana, you can't just leave us," Aira says quietly.

"She won't. She'll be back in that cell with the rest of us." I say, and Eve laughs so loud it seems off.

Like the rest of this situation.

"He's mad, just like the other fire element. Come on, Lana. Let's go home."

"Lana." I spit out when she takes a step towards Eve. She turns back and glares at me. I take a deep breath. "Trust me. You have to trust me right now."

"Why?" Lana says. "You don't care about me."

"I don't," I say, and Lana looks at me weirdly. "But this will have an affect on all of us." I walk up to Eve, fire already on my palms. She stares at the sparks and steps back. She's afraid.

Just what I needed.

"Your pretty brave, Eve. Or is that even your real name?" I keep walking towards her, the heat of the fire hitting her body, making her face red.

"What are you talking ab-"

"Did you volunteer? Or maybe forced? For the good of the people, I would assume Hanson said." I say, and I push her down to the ground. She cries out, and reaches in her pocket.

"I could kill you. Cause I know your not the killer. Nice story, but you guys have to do better than that if you want to trick me."

She pulls out a phone, and rests her finger on the only button on it. I manage a smile as she looks back up.

"Better call backup."

And she pushes the button. Immediately I hear voices. Screaming voices, actually. I step back to the other elements as men in all black come running out from behind buildings. Eve, or whatever her name is, stands up and steps back.

"Paytah, what's happening?" I didn't even know Aira had her arm wrapped around mine. She looks up at me, like the men aren't even here.

"This phase is over." Is all I say.

"Hey!" I look to my right and see Juris, who is now on the ground, with a needle in his neck.

Those stupid guns.

"Ah shit!" Now Lana is on the ground, trying to pull the needle out. I glance down at Aira, who has tears streaming down her face. She manages a smile.

"They won't punish us though?" I watch as the needle goes into her shoulder, but it's like she doesn't even notice. "Cause of you. You knew. You stopped Lana." She smiles, but she's on the ground and her eyes are now closed. I feel a sharp prick on my back, and I'm soon on the ground too.

"You know too much." I jump at the whisper that's close to my ear. It's Hanson. "We can't have you know too much, or we will kill you." I close my eyes, truly worried about what Hanson is saying. "Either play dumb, or die." I feel his hand on my shoulder, and I fall asleep, his words still taunting me.

••••••

Hello!!!

So, another chapter up!! What did you think?? Also, do you guys have any suggestions on where you want this story to go??? I would love to hear your ideas, and might just use it!!!! Pleaseeeeee comment predictions or suggestions!! 👍

Thank you!