Chapter 4

Addison's POV~
I'm home now. With a bunch of bags too. I bought jeans, jackets, sweaters, sneakers, pillows. Lots of things.

"Hey mom! I'm home!" I shouted into the house when I walked in.

"Hi! How was your day?" She asked curiously, trailing off at the end. It was like she wanted to say something else.

"Wonderful!" I continued. "What else did you want to say? You trailed off at the end." I stated. I was curious. Don't blame a girl. I'm very observant when it comes to family.

My mom opened her mouth to speak but it was cut off by a piercing scream. My scream. An excruciating pain exploded inside me. I let out another loud scream as tears streamed down my face. My bones started to snap and I can almost feel each one snap slowly. Shocking pain coursed through my whole body as I shook in pain. Fur started to sprout out of my skin, my nails becoming claws, teeth elongating. The sound of bones cracking exploded in my ears. Another wave of crucial pain washed over me and black dots invaded my vision. Then, it was just black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in my pajamas, my hair in a loose bun. What happened?

"Your mom will explain." A female voice was heard in my head. I hunched over and clutched my shirt as pain struck my stomach.

"Mom!" I called for her. I could hear her footsteps booming through the halls as she ran through the house. "Yes, sweetie?" She said as soon as she made it to my room.

"Why does my stomach hurt? Like... It burns." I winced as there was another pinch in my stomach.

"I... Actually don't know. I'll try to find out later. Did you need anything else?" She said.

"What happened to me?" I asked her. She looked nervous. "You shifted." Was all she said. I raised my right eyebrow at her, "What?"

"You shifted, Addi."

"Shifted?" I asked.

"Morphed."

"Morphed into what?" What on earth is she talking about?

"Your wolf. Hon, she's beautiful." She complimented. Wolf?

"What?" I'm still very confused.

"Your wolf. We are werewolves and I was starting to worry why you weren't shifting yet. I'm guessing you are very special. And very powerful." She explained. Werewolves? What the hell? For some reason, they do not feel like a myth like they should. I feel extremely calm. I'm not even a bit surprised to hear those words.

"Come again?" I asked.

"Maybe you can hear your wolf talking to you." She said. I tried to listen for that female voice again.

"I'm Ava, your wolf." The same female voice, Ava's voice, said. "How do I talk to you?" I asked aloud.

"Just talk in your head. I'll let the information sink in. If you need anything, call for me. Okay? I'll try to find out why your stomach burns." With that, my mom walked out.

"Ava? My name is Addison. But you can call me Addi." I said into my head.

She chuckled softly."I know your name. Could you shift? I want you to get used to shifting. It might hurt the first couple times. I need you to be prepared for anything." Her voice said quietly in my head.

"Yeah, sure." I felt like I was being pushed to the back of my own body and I no longer had control over my actions.

Ava positioned a full-body mirror on the door and began to take off my clothes.