Chapter 3

Recap:

Brent and I continued dancing. I locked eyes with a guy that was staring at us and Brent kissed my forehead. A loud growl was heard throughout the room.

Adam's POV(Son of the Alpha of the Nearby Pack; the Blood Shadow Pack)

I can't find my mate. I've been looking for 2 years now, since I was 16. I can't stand not having her in my arms. I need her in my arms. I saw my sister heading out the door.

"Peony, where are you going?" I asked her curiously.

"The school dance." She said, putting on her white 1.5 inch heels. I had bought that for her 16th birthday, a few months ago.

"I'm coming with you though, maybe I'll find my mate there." I said thoughtfully

"No, no, no." She said quickly.

"Why not?" I asked roughly.

"Because, you'll be overprotective and embarrass me in front of my date. And you'll draw attention." She said.

"I won't, most of the students are werewolves any way. They understand. I need to find my mate, Peony." I said, frustrated.

Once I find my mate, I can take over the pack and be the Alpha of the Blood Shadow Pack. I imagine her, perfect in my arms.

"I can't wait. She'll be beautiful and powerful. Perfect for Luna." My wolf, Night, sighed dreamily.

I walked into the school and towards the gym. I looked around and I spotted some drinks and decided to get some. Shut Up and Dance came on. My eyes widened, I thought this was a slow dance moment, huh. I looked around and I saw a couple in the corner. I growled loudly in frustration.

I was looking around the whole 2 hours and she's not here. Had she left already or did she not even come? I can sense her presence but I can't seem to find her. I will find you one day, little mate, one day..

Addison's POV~

I was home now, I left early because one of Brent's friends showed up and they started talking about sports. It felt so awkward. I doubt he even noticed that I left.

Time Skip to Summer Time....

"Hey mom!" I greeted. She looked up and smiled. "G'morning."

"I'm going out with Kelly and Emma. We're going to the Cedar Point." I said, she just nodded. "Have fun."

And I walked out the door, heading to Kelly's. A car alarm went off when I passed by it, what the hell? I walked around the car, there's nothing there. I continued walking to Kelly's house, I was 2 blocks away.

Suddenly, my face connected with the floor. I groaned aloud and turned to see what happened. I looked up to meet with tea green eyes filled with disgust and disappointment.

"I, Soon to be Alpha Adam Shadowe, reject you as my mate and Luna." The hot mystery guy said. I felt like something break in me, I felt something disappear.

He walked away without giving me a second glance and left me on the floor with a scraped right arm. Whatever.. I got up and brushed myself off. I sped to Kelly's house.

At Kelly's House

"Addi, what happened to your arm?" Kelly asked when I got there.

"Uhh, some guy knocked me over while I was walking here. He had green eyes and brown hair, that's about all I saw. But what he said to me confused me to the extreme." I explained and immediately regretted. I shouldn't have said that. Kelly's eyes widened and then asked, "What did he say?"

"He said 'I, Soon to be Alpha Adam Shadowe, reject you as my mate and Luna.' and he walked off. Him? Who the hell is Adam Shadowe? Reject me as his mate? Do you have any idea?" There was no point in lying. She looked dazed before saying, "What? No. What's a mate?" I shrugged just as Emma walked through the door. "Hey Emma." Kelly and I said at the same time.

Emma waved and I asked her the same questions I asked Kelly. Their eyes glossed over and after a few moments, they came back and Emma shrugged. Uh, okay.

We went on roller coasters and then went shopping.

Adam's POV~

I can't believe the Moon Goddess paired me up with a HUMAN. Out of all people, a weak, worthless human. My wolf and I were disappointed, we were so excited too. That was who we were looking for, some weak human.

"That's so dumb. I need mate. That human is not mate." My wolf growled out in disappointment.

"Hey Adam." My mom greeted. I nodded at her and walked up the stairs. I could sense her following me up to my room.

"What's wrong?" She asked softly. I wanted to tell her so bad but she would be mad at me. I searched for 2 years just to turn down my mate.

"I found my mate today.." I informed her. "What's with the gloomy face, then? Shouldn't you be excited and celebrating?" She asked, confusion shining in her eyes.

"Well, she isn't what I expected. She's not beautiful, she's not powerful, she's not even a werewolf. She's not meant to be this pack's Luna. I'll find someone else." I said, somewhat angry.

"It doesn't matter if she's not a werewolf, the Moon Goddess paired you up with someone extraordinary. She doesn't make mistakes." She tried to reason. I shook my head angrily and stormed out to the kitchen.

Had I made the wrong choice of rejecting her? I could not sense an aura or a werewolf smell. She was definitely not powerful or beautiful. In fact, she was a 13 on an ugly scale of 1-10 and probably weaker than the runt of the pack.

I stayed up that night, wondering if I made the wrong mistake. Maybe I could have Vanessa be my Luna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I luv ya'll. ;) I will see you soon....

- Minty~