2.

Notes: Yes, I did in fact name their daughter after Lana Del Rey because I can 😌✨

____

Liam

Liam let's out a low sigh of annoyance as his dance instructor starts on yet another lengthy and unnecessary stage safety rant.

It seems like ever since Harry, his opening act and friend, almost became a human curly fry by not paying attention to where he was bouncing around on stage during rehearsal and nearly jumping right into one of the pyrotechnics, these speeches have become more and more frequent.

His choreographer had been on the verge of a panic attack at the time of the incident, while Liam himself could only laugh his ass off once he discovered that the klutz of a man was in fact fine.

Sure enough the woman was slowly getting her revenge now though.

Because no one was laughing.

"Come on Danielle, relax a bit love." He eventually finds himself speaking up as the curly haired choreographer had taken to chewing out an unfortunate dancer who fumbled a bit in his movements.

Danielle sighs deeply with her eyes closing briefly, as if the woman was contemplating the repercussions of throttling Liam right before a show, simply because of an interruption.

Finally gathering her bearings, the tanned skinned woman turns her attention to him before making a point of rubbing her temple. This was definitely the display of her trying to guilt trip him into falling in line and listening. But Liam would never be one to settle quickly. "Look boo, I know I may seem harsh right now but I just don't want to see any of you get hurt especially when it's something I can prevent, not even that dumbass mop of curls." The woman responds eyebrows knotting together in a way that shows she's genuinely concerned.

With a small grin tugging at his lips, Liam gives a loud chorus of 'Aw' before he's moving forward to throw his arms around the woman in a tight bear hug. Danielle seemingly only sighs at contact but doesn't do much to pull away from it, not that she really could anyway.

At the sight, the backup dancers settled amongst the stage look relieved to find that  her attention has been diverted away from them.

They had momentarily been spared from the woman's wrath.

Liam would be sure to remind them of such when it came time for him to use a favor from the group.

"I can hear your insults! But I have you know, I am not offended!" A shout from somewhere back stage interrupts the tentative moment, indicating that Harry heard the beginnings of their conversation.

This prompts laughter from the pair, followed by a few of the backup dancers as well. No one could really resist the charms of one Harry Styles.

"Shut it Banana boy! Or I'm coming to lecture you next!" Danielle halfheartedly threatens with a roll of her pretty brown eyes. And just like that, the moment of peace is ruined and she's pulling away from Liam's embrace.

"Now, let's take it from the top, five! six! seven! eight!"

Danielle flawlessly switches back into professional mode, barking orders just as easily as she aggressively snaps her fingers to the cadence of her counting. She does a good job of ranging from snappily reminding some dancers not to step out so far, to praising the dancers who perform the choreography without so much as a hitch.

By the end of the day, no one is left free of panting or drenched in their own sweat.

Liam, who probably has the simplest parts of the choreography, even has aches in places that shouldn't have aches.

It's then that Danielle has decided she has pushed everyone to their limit for the day and dismisses them all with a smug grin and petty wiggle of her fingers.

Without protest, Liam heads backs to his tour bus for a nice hot shower and hopefully never ending nap.

-

Within minutes following his half-assed shower, Liam lies in the bottom bunk bed of his tour bus lulling in and out of sleep.

Harry is on the top bunk watching some corny YouTube couple on his phone, the noise being the only thing that fills the silence of the tour bus and Liam finds that he doesn't quite mind it.

Sometimes his tour bus was too quiet and he missed the noise.

Nevertheless, the soft murmurs of voices coming from the speaker of Harry's phone followed by Harry's quiet breaths of laughter help aid Liam in his task of falling asleep.

It doesn't take long before he's out like a light.

He isn't sure how long he sleeps for, maybe it's minutes or maybe it's hours but he knows that it only feels like seconds before he's lightly being shaken awake by Harry.

"Liam, Liam, hey Liam. Wake up, it's about Ruth." Harry's voice comes out muddied and muted as Liam slowly regains his consciousness. Though at the mention of his older sister's name Liam sits up quick and drowsily, unfortunately forgetting to duck his head and harshly meeting the wooden framework of his bunk.

"Fuck." He curses, moving his hand to hold his forehead as if the action would stop the pain all together. "What's wrong?" He questions grumpily, bringing his hand down to make sure he wasn't bleeding or anything. Thankfully he wasn't and it wasn't likely to bruise. After a moment of silence, with Liam rubbing at the aching spot on his head, Harry gives a hesitant breath. "Ruth got into a car accident back in Wolverhampton." He finally says, taking a moment to take in Liam's reaction.

"Is she...um?" Liam finds himself having trouble swallowing as his brain immediately conjures up the worst.

"No! She just has a few broken bones but we're already on our way to see her before you freak out." Harry swiftly interjects, easying Liam's thoughts. He wishes the idiot started with that in the first place.

"When will we get there? Is my mom already there? How long are-" Before Liam can even finish the train of questions, Harry shushes him loudly.

"Everything is fine, we'll be there by tomorrow, I only woke you because your mom wanted to make sure you knew so that we didn't blindside you, now back to sleep you get. " Harry urges jokingly, easing away from the topic.

Though Liam doesn't fully processes what has been said until minutes later when Harry is in the kitchen part of the moving bus, banging around ungracefully.

He sighs to himself before making an attempt at complying to what Harry had said for him to do.

___