Foreword • 0

Dedicated to the ones who want to run away and the ones who can't find the right answer. Everything you're running from is just in your head. You're always trying to find a way out, but you've never gotten anywhere. Be brave enough to stay, and I promise you'll find your destination someday.

🗝epigraph🗝

"Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will come after you. But it's the monsters you ran from who come."

Kiera Cohen didn't mean to kill the woman. But when the consequences of a single mistake make her a wanted fugitive, she's left with two choices: run away with the help of the town's notorious delinquent, Taedyn Burnett, or prove her innocence.

Detective Knowles didn't mean to hold a grudge. But when the evidence becomes conflicting, he's left with a police station full of suspects and an interrogation room too small for the secrets that are going to be set loose.

The small town of East Vienna is harboring malicious intentions. The ones that run are the ones that are chased.

Will you run?

🗝format🗝

This story is told from two perspectives.

Abscond - Kiera Cohen's POV
{ab·scond : verb : leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to avoid detection of or arrest for an unlawful action}
(July 27th, 2AM - August 17th, 6PM)

Abscond - Kiera Cohen's POV {ab·scond : verb : leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to avoid detection of or arrest for an unlawful action}  (July 27th, 2AM - August 17th, 6PM)

AND

Interrogate - Detective Knowles POV
{in·ter·ro·gate : verb : ask questions of someone, especially a suspect or a prisoner, closely, aggressively, or formally}
(August 17th, 8PM - August 18th, 4AM)

Interrogate - Detective Knowles POV {in·ter·ro·gate : verb : ask questions of someone, especially a suspect or a prisoner, closely, aggressively, or formally} (August 17th, 8PM - August 18th, 4AM)

🗝plagiarism🗝

Copyright © @hestianess

All rights reserved.

All material in this book and everything on this account, unless otherwise stated, the property of the owner, creator, and author of this work.

Copyright and other intellectual rights protect these materials.

Reproduction or transmission, in whole or in part, or in any manner, without the prior written consent of the copyright holder is a violation of the Copyright, Patents and Design Act of 1988 law and is punishable by law.

🗝warnings🗝

This story contains mature themes, including character deaths, illegal indulgences, indications of violence, suggestions of sex, aggravating cliffhangers, and perplexing plot twists. Oh, and of course it has overlooked errors consequent of mediocre, roughly drafted chapters.

🗝playlist🗝

Gold by ECHOS

Running With The Wolves by AURORA

Compass by Zella Day

Cops by Vanic X K. Flay

Parallel Lines by ATTLAS

Sirens by Tom Odell

Afraid by The Neighbourhood

End Credits by EDEN

Fading by William Bolton

Migraine by TwentyOne Pilots

Drowning Shadows by Sam Smith

Bored by Billie Ellish

Devil In Me by Halsey

__

|    March 20th, 2017 —  |

__