8. In which Rose is upset and I experience déjà vu

I woke up, alone on the beach, covered in sand and feeling awful. I covered my eyes with my hand, attempting to block out the bright sun. Then I rolled onto my stomach, and glanced along the beach.

Off to my left were a couple of scatters of clothes, and to my right was Scorpius’ phone. I grabbed it and checked the time. 10:45.

Shit. People will be looking for me.’ I thought, before another idea took over, What the FUCK? James left me here! Last night, he fucked me, then I fell asleep and he left me here on the beach. Ugh, what a dick!’

Then the phone buzzed, and I checked it. There were about a thousand messages from Rose (her contact name had a heart after it) and they weren’t addressed to me, which was kind of the worst part.

Rose<3 8:43:           Scorp, where are you?

Rose<3 9:01:           Why did you leave?

Rose<3 9:04:           Are you okay?

Rose<3 9:05:           SCORPIUS answer me, okay!

Rose<3 9:08:           I don’t care if you hate me and last night was a mistake or whatever, just let me know you’re okay!

Rose<3 9:12:           Are you with Belle?

Rose<3 10:46          What did I do? I’m so sorry.

I texted back,

It’s Belle, after you guys were making out, I went skinny dipping in the lake and I accidently took Scorp’s phone with me, then I fell asleep on the beach. I’m fine, sorry idk where S is.

About a minute later I got a reply.

Good! I’ve been texting your phone too. If you see S, give him his phone, and just please don’t say anything if you read the texts. Come back soon xx

There were a couple of other messages from Albus, Freddy, some chick named Cindy and Christian Butler, a beater on the other team.

I slowly got up, and picked up some of the clothes. I put on my underwear, but when I got to the other clothes, I found that half of them were missing. I pulled on my skirt, which was very crumpled and picked up my shoes (no way was I putting them back on) and hair bow, and wandered over to where there were traces of other clothes. I found a black hoodie in replace of my cardigan and a short-sleeved button up men’s shirt, which was a light orange, and I’m pretty sure was tight over James’ muscles.

I put it on, tucking it into my skirt and doing up about 3 buttons, all into the wrong holes. I carried the hoodie over my arm, and fixed my bow back into my hair, just for the sake of it. I still had my earrings in…oops.

So, slowly, I traipsed through the forest, picking a couple of flowers that seemed to be the only precious thing in the world, and running my fingers through the long grass.

And then I glimpsed the tents, and had a mini panic attack. I mean, what was I going to do if I saw James? Or what if Freddy spotted me in James’ clothes? And what would Rose say about me being out all night? And Dom would be so angry if she knew I lost her red singlet.

So, instead I slipped around the outside of the tents, until I was directly behind ours. I checked around the whole area, and waited patiently for Christian to go back into his tent. I could see a couple of kids flying around on their brooms over at the field, and there were a couple more sitting around the bonfire, which meant I wouldn’t be able to go to the front of the tent.