10. In which Cecilia plays Quidditch and we eat dinner

Last chapter: Belle and Marcus...

We walk up to my flat, bantering like that.

“This is me.” I say, smiling.

“Bye, then…” He murmurs, and then he leans in a bit, and looks at me, and I know he wants to kiss me, and I lean in, and he does. It’s soft and sweet, and his hands are on my hips, and mine are on his shoulders, and then the door opens.

It hits me gently in the back, and I let go of Marcus, turning, expecting to see one of the girls, ready to squeal with me, and gush about how cute Marcus is, but it’s not one of the girls.

It’s James.

 ~~~End of Chapter~~~

“Oh. I, err, I’ll leave, I’m…” James mutters, looking at the floor, his face flushed pink.

Dom steps out behind him, “Ooooh, Belle!”

“Oh, I…” I say, staring at James.

“I’m…Marcus?” Marcus says to Dom.

“Dominique…Can’t believe I haven’t heard about you- Were you two snogging?!”

“No!” I exclaim, not wanting James to think anything, although I don’t know why, he’s fucked me over so many times, “I mean…Not snogging.” I blush furiously, and I see out of the corner of my eye Marcus blush adorably too, and James awkwardly look at the roof.

Well, Belle you better come in!” Dom shrills, “Bye James!”

James nods awkwardly, and walks to the top of the stairs, where he glances back and his eyes meet mine for the first time. I can’t help it, and I smile a small smile, and look away, to Dom.

“Nice to meet you Marcus.” Dom smiles at him.

“Ehhhhh, you too. I think I better go. Nice to see you, Belle.”  He says, and he smiles at me, and places a butterfly kiss on my cheek.

“Bye.” I murmur.

Then Marcus is gone, down the stairs, the same as James, and Dom is pulling me inside.

“Hey! He is cuttttteeee!” She exclaims, “Why don’t I know him yet?!”

“Because we’re still getting to know each other, and I don’t want him to get frightened off by you.” I joke, and we go into the lounge room, where Arianne is bashing away at her laptop, and we sit and discuss Marcus’ nice cheekbones, adorable smile and hands-run-through-able hair.

We chat about it for a bit, and then I murmur, “It’s okay Dom. With Gabe. I trust you, okay?”

She smiles softly, “Thanks Belle. I-I really am sorry.”

I nod, “I know.”

~~The day passes~~

I make dinner, and get the four of us to come and sit down together.

“Guys!” Dom announces, “Belle has a very cute guy she likes…”

I blush and Arianne and Cecilia coo and tease for a second, before Dom continues, “So I think, we should host, a…y’know, like a dinner. And invite him – Marcus – over and a couple of other people, like…Gabriel? And Freddy and Christian, because they’ve been in Italy, and we can see if Louis can come, but not Pierre, because he won’t know anyone.”

We all agree, it sounds good.

“So we can invite them all over, and cook dinner, and get to know Marcus, mainly, but not act like that is the goal of the dinner!” Dom says conspiratorially.